Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wing Commander Saga

How should Torpedos work?

(1/2) > >>

Tolwyn:
What would you like more, should the Torpedos work like in Wing Commander 3+4 or more like in WC Prophecy?

Just to remind you:

WC P----> destroy every subsystem with your Torps to kill
WC3+4-->  just fire at the Enemy

Stunaep:
WC3. Seems kinda.. more natural.

Tolwyn:
that is also my oppinion. It is kinda unnatural if you have to eliminate each part of the ship in order to destroy it

Knight Templar:
That's kinda neat. Maybe you could incorporate a system that allows subsystems to get damaged, but sitting there shooting at one turret for an hour wouldn't kill the ship, although if the ship had 2% hull integrity left and you blew up a fresh turret and it brought it down to 0%, then it should die.

In otherwords, Major subsystems like the Engine or Reactor or whatever you can do an overall 75% damage to the ship through and lesser subsystems like the weapons or sensors you can do an overall of 25% damage to (each) and turrets and such you can only do 5% or so.

GT-Keravnos:
Torpedo bombers DIDN'T have to shoot each and every ship's turret, before.

Why should it be any different here?

And, of course WELCOME!
( I do hope you don't leave the other site though). There is a lot of bush-burning around here. Also, this forum tends to have some connections to  SIR CRASHALOT :)

I so much want the WC2 pack released. What is the progress on that?  (From what I see in Standoff, Eder has only 13 ships left of ALL of those that were in WC2-(if I understand correctly what he wrote in his forum.))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version