FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Corridor/on rail missions

<< < (6/7) > >>

Nuke:
theres enough basic tutorials out there to get people started in scripting. when we have 20 or so scripters demanding advanced tutorials, im sure we could throw some together. :D

Wanderer:
:bump:

It appears that neither method works - providing all on a silver plate or showing what can be done... That is i haven't seen huge influx of new scripters recently, So I post the thing's functional version here. Granted that SoL wants to have something new in its release and well.. This script's upgraded version is most likely part of that. The script has references for certain models but that shouldn't matter.

No guarantees of functionality. Tempering with dampening values may have catastrophic consequences. If you test it... Place the player ship into the 0,0,0

Script doesn't access or write anything on the hard drive but i still wont guarantee that it wont (i) eat your computer, (ii) eat you or, (iii) detonate. Only HEAD branch builds.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Nuke:
heres a thought. rather than control the ship directly, why not make the ship follow a point in space. youd need to intercept Physics.VelocityDesired and Physics.RotationalVelocityDesired. get their values and zero them out. use that data to move a virtual wapoint around within the rail. also make sure that point is ahead of the the ship on the rail. you could do some trig to determine what heading and inclinateion that point is at in relation to the ship, and change the desired velocity accordingly. you could probibly control the roll directly or script it to autolevel, which would be more like starfox. if that dont work you can tweak the .Velocity and .RotationalVelocity instead but youd have to do all the damping calculations in script.

are you using my build?

Wanderer:
No.. I'm using turey's build which provides access to asteroids, waypoints, waypointlists and debris via scripts.

And as for dampening.. Most of those are there to cause delay in the camera. So that camera wont be following the ship lightning fast but takes a small while to reach the ship. So they are rather simple iterations. And as for the VelocityDesired stuff... I tried that earlier.. They cant really be used.

Roanoke:
My PC died not long after I expressed an interest and replacing it isn't a priority for me at the moment  :blah:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version