Off-Topic Discussion > Arts & Talents

Justice In The Mist

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheCelestialOne:
Very nice. :D :D :D :D :D

But what is that icon in the upper right corner?

NeoHunter:
Nice render, Thunder!!!:jaw: It just become part of my growing collection of desktop wallpapers.

May I suggest something? Could you all who want to show your renders to us please provide a thumbnail of it here instead of the full version of the render? Big renders especially slow down the speed at which the forums and threads load. Not everyone has cable or broadband access. Link the thumbnails to the bigger pictures, please.

As for the icon in the small small corner, I think its a letter "T" to symbolise "Thunder".:)

DragonClaw:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Stunaep
BTW, what did you use for nebulae? Volumetric? Environmental?
--- End quote ---

Looks to me like he did it in photoshop w/ the cloud effect(i think thats what its called) and colored it various ways... there's tutorials on this sort of operation.

Fineus:
I'm glad you all like it - it's a few months old but is infact one of the latest I've got since I've been so busy with everything.

DC has got it right, the nebula was indeed created by layering multiple rendered clouds in photoshop along with some clever use of colors and lighting.

I'll try and remember to thumbnail everything I do from here on in... no promises but I'm on a 56k so I do sympathise :)

The "T" is my symbol, I don't like it that much to be honest but it'll do for the time being. It's just something to point out who did it so I guess it doesn't have to be totally elaborate.

Anyways, glad it's a hit!

Styxx:
Nice work, I'd have only two suggestions:

1. The density of the mist is a bit strange, the back of the ships is more visible than the front. Dunno if it was your idea to make it like that, but it gives a strange impression.

2. The engine glows would be a bit more visible on such dense a fog, in my opinion. Increase them a bit and it'll be a lot better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version