Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Dimensional Eclipse

Development: Tilemapped Ship Rebuilding Part 2

(1/2) > >>

Droid803:

--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on August 27, 2012, 02:48:02 am ---What other terrible things is Droid going to toss at me next? =P

--- End quote ---

After seeing the success of the Tethys rebuilding (expect a release as soon as AndrewofDoom agrees to it and we've tested it enough to make sure they didn't broke missions - one has already been broke :/) : Basically going through and murderizing these tilemap ships one by one (because seeing 300m cannon fodder ships using 17x4 precious texture slots makes me want to puke)

God damn it if this isn't feature creep I don't know what is.
But it's released so everything's rosy.

Didn't particularily try too hard on this one, kind of shows :/
It's UVed and sent off to texture already, figured I'd rather move on to more interesting things...

such as

Droid803:

A closeup on how I'm planning to handle the radar arrays and have habitat modules. The inside and outside will counter-rotate because hurray for mechanical complexity.
I guess the fluff explanation is that they don't have to spin one to spin the other to save power, while saving space.

Yes that's still the "old" radar ring, which will be high-poly-ified when I get to it.

Dragon:
I've noticed it's pretty long, longer than the original. Are you sure this won't be a problem?

Destiny:

--- Quote from: Dragon on August 31, 2012, 05:07:58 am ---I've noticed it's pretty long, longer than the original. Are you sure this won't be a problem?

--- End quote ---
You only see the Ishimura for one mission, you know.

jr2:

--- Quote from: Destiny on August 31, 2012, 06:32:15 am ---
--- Quote from: Dragon on August 31, 2012, 05:07:58 am ---I've noticed it's pretty long, longer than the original. Are you sure this won't be a problem?

--- End quote ---
You only see the Ishimura for one mission, you know.

--- End quote ---

Thought that looked familiar...  :shaking:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version