General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

What's Fury AI?

(1/1)

NickM:
Gang,

Title says it all; I have seen numerous reference in some of the games I've watched to a 'Fury AI', but I have no idea what that is (what a surprise, eh?). I gather it's some sort of enhancement for Freespace's AI but that's only a wild ass guess on my part.

Can anybody provide me with an explanation or even a linky to this subject?

Thanks ahead of time.

DefCynodont119:
To my knowledge, "Fury AI" is a preset configuration to the AI table, The game engine is capable of having AI that is smarter/different then the AI ships are in the retail game, there are now a ton of table settings to adjust the AI in very specific ways, but these are all off by default, (and very complicated to fiddle with) a user named Fury made a set of preset AI settings that are meant to be a harder-more intelligent version of the regular Freespace AI.

Fury AI makes fighters more aggressive, better at saving and using ammo, and better about using certain weapons in situations where they are more useful. However it can also cause the AI to bump into things more.

In theory there are many more ways to configure the AI, but most mods that change the AI just use Fury's preset.

I Think this is the correct explanation. Sorry if I got anything wrong.

NickM:
Hey, DefCynodont! 'Filthy Disgusting Ape' says thank you.

Now this AI: Do you know where it can be found and how it can be 'added'? Not that I even have the slightest idea how to do this... :-)

See you again when Joe flies another Freespace campaign.

NM

The E:

--- Quote from: NickM on October 18, 2022, 08:50:25 pm ---Hey, DefCynodont! 'Filthy Disgusting Ape' says thank you.

Now this AI: Do you know where it can be found and how it can be 'added'? Not that I even have the slightest idea how to do this... :-)

See you again when Joe flies another Freespace campaign.

NM

--- End quote ---

The Fury AI was originally developed for Blue Planet: War in Heaven; extracting it from that mod is as simple as copying its ai_profiles.tbl. Using it in other mods or campaigns requires editing the missions to use the new AI profiles and classes defined in the table.

0rph3u5:
There is a stand alone release, if you want to skip downloading a huge mod for small files

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=76330.msg1660978#msg1660978

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version