Author Topic: The official Saga eye candy corner  (Read 50372 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
The official Saga eye candy corner
Here is the "favorite" thread again. Post here if you have anything important to say. Even if you don't, please post, we need love.

Now that we have pleasantries out of the way: let's get going with The official Saga eye candy corner thread!

Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: The official Saga eye candy corner

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like this :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starlord

a sol station? Impressive!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I am drooling at the Excalibur.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I am drooling at the Excalibur.

Let me help you with that:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Nergal

This is gonna be great. I can't wait to get into the cockpit of a Thunderbolt VII again.

What Standoff was for WC 2, Saga will be for WC 3!

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Impressive work Saga. It'll be Christmas over Kilrah (lets hope it's the other way around) :D
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline KeldorKatarn

We'll do our very best but we might not make it before Christmas. In case we don't we'll have a nice present ready for you though :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
One question, will the Saga executable support techniques that have made it into FSO lately? Especially depth-blended particles and FXAA?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
We are already in the code freeze state. That means 'no'.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
On the other hand, I hope all Saga features are ported to FSO like they were the last time, so it'd be possible to play WCS with a regular nightly (or an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :)).

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
...I hope ... it'd be possible to play WCS with ... an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :).

A world of this!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline KeldorKatarn

...I hope ... it'd be possible to play WCS with ... an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :).

A world of this!

I don't want to dissapoint you, but that is highly unlikely. Our code has been optimized to support our game and most of our changes were made without any regard for Freespace compatibility, so it is highly unlikely that it will be ported back by the SCP. If any experienced programmers want to port some FSO Features over to the Saga version however, that should be possible. We will however not offer support for such an undertaking, neither will we support game problems caused by modified engines.

Take your time. If it´s a few more weeks...no problem. I´ve been waiting for 5 years now for this incredible TC.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Certain things (like graphical upgrades) should be possible to port without breaking FS compatibility, unless they'll conflict with other features implemented after the fork. As for other WCS-specific features, they'd take some time to adopt, but if they're useful/awesome enough, somebody will do it. This already happened after Prologue was released. Anyway, we'll see after the release.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Autopilot. I always love that feature and it made the missions seem a little longer.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Thing is: our autopilot is implemented entirely in FRED. Then again, certain SEXPs we utilize either do not exist in FSO or do not work properly.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I don't want to dissapoint you, but that is highly unlikely. Our code has been optimized to support our game and most of our changes were made without any regard for Freespace compatibility, so it is highly unlikely that it will be ported back by the SCP. If any experienced programmers want to port some FSO Features over to the Saga version however, that should be possible. We will however not offer support for such an undertaking, neither will we support game problems caused by modified engines.

Porting over FXAA should be relatively simple. Unless of course you have opted not to include taylor's changes to the rendering core and post-processing.

But yes. If there's a feature in WCS that we can port over to FSO without compromising FS2 compatibility, we'll do so.
Also, do note that features like Shadows and godrays rely heavily on the way the FSO rendering engine is structured at the moment, which may be somewhat different to WCS' way of doing things.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:31:31 pm by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns