Author Topic: Request for CBAnims  (Read 2910 times)

Request for CBAnims
Hi Mjn.Mixael,

I would like to ask for 2 things: First FS2-style Tech CBAnims for the GTF Kulas and GTB Rhea as part of BluePlant. And secondly I would also like to ask if you can create a custom post-Capella version of your nigh-res FS2 style node map. I would need a version with disconnected Capella (colored in red as hostile territory) and with a new subspace connection between Vega and Epsilon Pegasi.

Thank you very much.

KR Silver

Re: Request for CBAnims
Some general rule before asking other people for help- unless you're doing PM conversation in background you should probably explain what you're working on and what progress you made on it besides figuring out what kind of professional CBs you want for it. Also, you're not really active/known here right now (8 posts, of which 5 are from the last 3 days), so I wouldn't expect anything.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Tech cb anims aren't really needed are they?  You could screen capture it in the tech room and just add stuff in (free post processor of your choice)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Some general rule before asking other people for help- unless you're doing PM conversation in background you should probably explain what you're working on and what progress you made on it besides figuring out what kind of professional CBs you want for it. Also, you're not really active/known here right now (8 posts, of which 5 are from the last 3 days), so I wouldn't expect anything.

I mean... this kind of thing is literally what this board is for. So maybe relax and wait to see what my response is before answering for me?

Hi Mjn.Mixael,

I would like to ask for 2 things: First FS2-style Tech CBAnims for the GTF Kulas and GTB Rhea as part of BluePlant. And secondly I would also like to ask if you can create a custom post-Capella version of your nigh-res FS2 style node map. I would need a version with disconnected Capella (colored in red as hostile territory) and with a new subspace connection between Vega and Epsilon Pegasi.

Thank you very much.

KR Silver

These requests are super easy. I'd be glad to. Give me a couple days.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Sorry, didn't want to step on your foot. :)

These requests are super easy. I'd be glad to. Give me a couple days.
Thank you, much appreciated. Please, take your time.

Tech cb anims aren't really needed are they?  You could screen capture it in the tech room and just add stuff in (free post processor of your choice)
Yes, I could capture the rotating model in the tech room or the anim from ship selection. But the "stuff" to add is the thing. For that to look authentic to the common style of tech cb anims I'd either have to recreate it from scratch or capture another anim and try to insert the right model and text into it. That is a lot of work, still with a high chance that it looks sloppy. I would have had to go that route if Mjn.Mixael had no time. But since he has time and (as he said in the Shelves thread) templates for that kind of anims it's apparently a "super easy" task for him to create authentic high quality tech cb anims. So, I'm glad he offers this kind of service here.

KR, Silver

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
No worries buddy.   Always good to ask,  I'm the kind of guy who likes to encourage people to try their hand at things though.   👍👍

MJX is a major asset to the community here.  We're lucky he didn't go to wing commander boards 😂
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Seconded! :nod:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
GTF Kulas

GTB Rhea

Node Map as requested.

Right-click -> Save As. The PNGs are APNGs and will work in FSO.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Thanks a lot.

MJX is a major asset to the community here.
Absolutely!

KR, Silver

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It makes me wonder what's the backstory behind Vega-EP node. Is the node stabilized naturally, or GTVA utilized some subspace magic?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It makes me wonder what's the backstory behind Vega-EP node. Is the node stabilized naturally, or GTVA utilized some subspace magic?

Maybe its a Knossos-tech testing site ;)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Shivans(tm) issue a C&D in 3, 2, 1...

Actually, it's kind of a combination of those. Ok, except the magic thing... ;)
Short version: There is a natural jump node just below the threshold to be usable for GTVA subspace drives. Using tech derived from the Knossos the GTVA was able to stabilize it enough to make it usable.

Sounds good :yes:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Hot damn, Mjn, how long did it take you to whip up those Kulas and Rhea CBAnis? I'm tempted to ask you to do some CBAnis for Exile. And there's no immediate need for them, so you can take your time with them.

Of course, I have to finish editing many of their tech descriptions before I ask, but some of the Exile fighters, bombers and ships I've already edited.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:48:54 pm by Su-tehp »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast