Poll

Should we keep our models exclusive, or release them to the community?

Keep our assets exclusive - it'll make the final INF release better!
3 (3.6%)
Release assets on a case-by-case basis.
33 (39.8%)
Release any assets we've been sitting on for a while - benefit the whole community.
47 (56.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Do you want Inferno to keep its assets exclusive?  (Read 13414 times)

Re: Do you want Inferno to keep its assets exclusive?
Excluding the INFA stuff, which probably won't be released anytime soon. :nervous:

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Excluding the INFA stuff, which probably won't be released anytime soon. :nervous:

....or will it?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

The campaign or just the stuff? In case you require a tester when its ready...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Nerdo is working on accesing old INF SVN, so we can retrieve some unreleased INFA models and other assets.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

"Working on accessing"? I thought all it takes to access one of these things is the SVN programm-
of course only if all team members have access to all files that the mod uses, what apparently didn't happen in the past...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:24:07 am by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Inferno is elder mod. There were numerous changes both in staff, hosting, missions, modpack and basicly everything over the years. In such circumstances, it is likely for some stuff to be lost.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Yeah, but from a public point of view it's hard to figure out what is lost and what has been held back.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Pretty hard from a private POV too

Be good to have it out there for people to use in their projects, with proper credit of course. Doesn't even have to be FSO. A TC for Sins(!) or Homeworld would be pretty epic. Oh wait, that latter's already been done. At least for the stock assets :P
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Then you'll understand that for maximum epicness, the waiting has to be a bit longer :D
As long as anything there is gets released one day...

Then you'll understand that for maximum epicness, the waiting has to be a bit longer :D
As long as anything there is gets released one day...

Couldn't agree more!
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]