Author Topic: No Primary Weapons - Help!!  (Read 1711 times)

Offline newprin

No Primary Weapons - Help!!
When I heard about this mod, I HAD to reinstall FS2 and give Inferno a shot!

But I'm on a new system and when I install FS2 and Inferno, I have no primary weapons!  I've patched to version 1.2 and regardless of whether or not Inferno is installed, I can't load out my ship with any weapons.  Both the FS and Inferno campaigns suffer from this "bug."

When I try and load out weapons, I get a game error that says " can not be fitted with " (or something close to it).  Regardless of the ship!  All the primary guns are "greyed out".  I can load out secondary weaps, but no primary guns of any sort on any ship!

Is this a known problem or does anyone have any help?  I've reinstalled five times, including numerous system restarts!

Specs:
P4 1.8
512 RAM
SB Live
Ge4 Ti 4200

Thanks for any help!  Love FS2 and can't wait to give Inferno a shot, looks amazing!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
A few things (you didn't list your OS, so I'll have to take a guess):
  • Make sure that you don't have a ships.tbl or weapons.tbl in your Freespace2/Data/Tables directory
  • Try creating a new pilot.
  • Get the latest SCP release and run Inferno with that.  Makes it look tons better :yes:
  • Enable Windows 98 software compatability mode if you are running XP

I would recommend the SCP regardless, but try those in that order and see if at some point it doesn't start working.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
You don't have to enable Windows 98 compatability mode with Windows XP if you're running the retail version of FS2.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by StratComm
A few things (you didn't list your OS, so I'll have to take a guess):
  • Make sure that you don't have a ships.tbl or weapons.tbl in your Freespace2/Data/Tables directory
  • Try creating a new pilot.
  • Get the latest SCP release and run Inferno with that.  Makes it look tons better :yes:
  • Enable Windows 98 software compatability mode if you are running XP

I would recommend the SCP regardless, but try those in that order and see if at some point it doesn't start working. [/B]

1. Easy way to check the ships.tbl is ti open fred and see if the Vesuvius is there. If it isn't then it isn't loading the tables.

2. New pilot fixes most things, and will be necessary to do again in R2

3. Remember that SCP releases won't work with the next release unless you use Phreaks builds (which are currently out of date)

4. Shouldn't be needed

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
im gonna do one more update later and then hold off until HT&L is done. i need to get a crapload of stuff working in OpenGL (shinemaps for starters) before i update.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord