Author Topic: Problem with mission  (Read 1745 times)

I have FreeSpace 2 "Sim of the Year Edition" v1.2, and have installed the Inferno mod onto a clean instal of FS2. I don't know the name of the mission, but it's where you are flying an EA fighter to scan the EA warships, and frieghters. When I come to the part of scanning the "Roanin" (not sure of the name here), no matter what I do, it won't scan it. So I end up dead, or just failing the mission. Is this a bug, or something else?
  Also, I'd like to suggest having voice added to the next release if possible. There is way to much text scrolling way to fast in combat to see if objectives have changed, or what to do next. Thanks.
Biostar NF4UL-A9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
2GB (4 x 512MB) Corsair DDR400 Dual Channel
Nvidia 7600GT PCI-e 256MB GDDR3
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II

Offline JR2000Z

What versions of FS2 Open and it's builds are you using?
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

None. I'm using the retail "Sim of the year Edition" that's already updated to the latest v1.2 patch. The Inferno readme text suggest to use the retail game instead of the Open Source version.
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Eclipse cruiser Ronin? Never had any reported bugs with scanning it, and it works here. Make sure your withing range and are pointing at the middle of the cruiser. If it's one of the destroyers make sure you have the correct subsytem targeted and are within range of the subsystem...

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
yeah, look at the middle of the ship, not the load indicator. and you gotta be within 400m i think...
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Thanks. It scanned it now.
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II