Author Topic: [FA] C2M9 Cobra  (Read 22796 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
... i think that was edited. :D the sunsath is not there/ :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Ok, if you have a stars.tbl in the data/tables folder, delete it or move it to somewhere else FS will not look for(to the root C:, for example)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Where are you looking for it Cobra?

My pic is from FRED2_Open so your background editor will look slightly different.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
FRED Retail has the mania that it wants the ships.tbl to list the stars alphabetically. If Cobra uses a stars.tbl which does not list the images alphabetically, he won't see much.

I don't know if this is fixed in FRED_O, but I find the stars.tbl guilty.

Cobra, if you do not have any stars.tbl in the data/tables, disregard what I told in the previous two posts.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the bitmap drop down. like you said.

FRED_2OPEN? i wish it could work on my PC.

nevermind, i got it working.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I only wish Karajoma would be this active when it came to testing in MG :P
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
lol. have you tried my mission, singh?

Cobra...fredding?
i gotta see this...

no offense, just kidding...
hey! damn you...i got to download three different files to play your mission, now...i don't remember which was the latest...

try to keep a track of your updates in the first post of this thread (with the download links), and when you update the mission, post a new reply with the modifications you made and the download link...
i did so in my thread, and turned out to ease playtesters' work...

[edit] oh, also...try to use only one file, or at least use some naming convention...like fac2m9-Cobrav1 fac2m9-Cobrav2 fac2m9-Cobrav3...
Karajoma: wow, i really never saw you so...active. Get some work at Mind Games... ... ... i really wanna try that campaign...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, willy. long time no see. download the first link. it's the latest version now.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Singh
I only wish Karajoma would be this active when it came to testing in MG :P

Are you waiting for me to test something? Bump the topic on the internal and I'll take a look. Bear in mind though that I'm not the only one who should be playtesting on the team :p

@WP : I'm more active cause I'm not the only person playtesting now. For some reason people have suddenly started helping out which means I can spend more time solving problems and less time writing up every single problem I see with the mission. :)

@Cobra : Have you finished making the modifications I suggested? If so I'll give it a try.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 10:55:19 am by 340 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm working on it, kara. I've done a little more, i've added a sunsath, etc...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll wait until you're done then. No sense in checking a mission which you're likely to change anyway :)

[EDIT]the first link is the latest???... .... DAMN!!! i tested an old version! [EDIT]

well...i tested C2-9-2.zip (which i think i the latest version of your mission)
i gotta tell you that...i liked it, it's good. But not perfect...good in-mission chat, BTW.
however, i didn't liked these things:

most errors appointed by TopAce, are still there...errr....WTF??? (i'm receiving rare messages from Command)

the default weapons loadout sucks...
The available weapons are too many (rockeyes, for example)...or viceversa (tornados, for example)

the previous mission finished in Red Alert? or what...how could someone swap spacecrafts or change his weapons loadout right in the middle of space??? The Julius has no fighterbay, remeber?... this happened in many others campaign......................i never liked it...

the civilian convoy either jumps away from the node, or doesn't jumps....do not use wings for Lambda (i remember you made the same mistake in Pathways mission 1)...if you do, they can't jump...or they will jump simultaneosly...

i opened the mission and saw four Sathanas...now i understand why i got 10 Frames Per Second... use the sathsun or...the lowpoly model version...

there is no "jump to Epsilon Pegasi" directive...

The jump node leads to "Jump Node 0" i though it leaded to Epsilon Pegasi...

the sun is misaligned...i mean...jump nodes are supposed to be in the edges of a System (i think)...and you are suppposed to jump outwards the system...not inwards...not towards the sun... get it?
i think that's all...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I've updated the mission, but i haven't moved or changed the wings, since you just now brought these things up.

yeesh, i do my best after not FREDding for about a year and this is what you give me... nothing but criticism... well, except for karajorma, of course. :D

mission has sunsaths, a directive, and i'm experimenting with a "red alert" SEXP.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 11:42:51 pm by 2299 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by willy_principal
the sun is misaligned...i mean...jump nodes are supposed to be in the edges of a System (i think)...and you are suppposed to jump outwards the system...not inwards...not towards the sun... get it?

You can't control which direction the player chooses to jump out, so this is pretty much irrelevant IMO. I've never felt the need to align jumpnodes that way anyway.[/color]
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

i do....i'm quite perfectionist...
well, i understand if the player jumps inwards the system...

but an entire convoy jumping inwards is wrong as hell...

and i think the player think could be fixed, it would be difficult, but possible...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
just play the mission (first link in first post) it's updated, and has a few changes.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, karajorma, how do you take pics while you're in FRED? I have a small problem and I don't know how to say it in words.

Offline Roanoke

Press Print Screen.  Go into Paint. Edit-Paste.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Cobra
....I don't know how to say it in words.

Then say it in numbers. :)