Author Topic: [FA] C2M9 Cobra  (Read 22811 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, here's the sexps i'm having trouble with:

-(Chained)Alpha 1 May Jump
--When
---True
----Allow-warp
-----Alpha 1

-(Not Chained)Red Alert To Next Mission
--When
---Key-Pressed
----Alt-J
-----Red-Alert

the problem is, i want the red alert to happen when i press alt-j at the end of the mission. but when i press alt-j anytime in the mission, it red-alerts. help anyone?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Axem

Code: [Select]
and
 is-event-true
    alpha 1 may jump
 key-press
    alt-j

I dunno if that'll work or not. In theory it should work.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hmm. i did think of that, but i doubted it would work. wait a few minutes...

BTW, is that for the first or second SEXP? Give me the entire SEXP, name and all plse.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 10:42:18 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's a replacement for the second SEXP.  You'll need to add the red-alert bit to it but apart from that it's complete.

However I'd also change the first SEXP to this

-(Chained)Alpha 1 May Jump
--When
---True
--Allow-warp
---Alpha 1
--key-reset
---alt-j

You do this to prevent this senario.  

The player tries to jump out early. The game registers that Alt-J was pressed. As soon as the alpha may jump event comes true the game would automatically red alert because the game realises that the player has already pressed Alt-J even if it was 10 minutes earlier.

Adding the key-reset means that regardless of what the player did earlier he still has to press Alt-j before the mission will red alert.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 12:31:42 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
'bout time you answered kara :D this should be the last adjustment to the mission. after that i'll upload it and let you all go to town.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm trying to cut down on my HLP addiction somewhat so I'm not visiting as often :p

I'm down to only 5 visits a day :D

Get that change done and I'll give it a try. :) Be warned though I'm gonna try harder to break the mission this time round :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
break the mision and you take all the fun out of it :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
so, basically, i had the events set up right, i just didn't have the SEXPs set up right. am i right?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Pretty much.

As for breaking the mission, it's better that I break it now and get you to fix it, than we release the mission and a whole bunch of people break it and make you and the campaign look bad.  :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
So. Have you got the next version ready for testing yet? I thought you said you only had to change those two SEXPs.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
just about. i'm playtesting. i'm also trying to figure out how to make the complaint messages work, since the freighters keep jumping out before they can send their messages.

that's simple...put the convoy away from the jump node...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
[sarcasm]noooo, ya think?[/sarcasm]

minor lol

this is kinda dead... i think...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
noooo, i'm tweaking. which, btw, is done. Link Updated. First Post.

alright....
*downloading*

let's give it a try...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
like it or die :D

i just formatted my computer...i will have to reinstall everything again...

this is gonna take a while...

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
You've been having comp trouble, too, eh? :p

Come onto MSN so we can plan our evil HFH plans... :drevil:

(methinks i might try this mission, too)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:08:51 pm by 51 »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"