Author Topic: Nexus: The Jupiter Incident  (Read 10083 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
To kill ships, you need multiple weapons. Also, try to work out which weapons do what when trying to disable them. Usually, you need to take out shield killers if there's a lot of them, or anti-hull weapons if you're low on shields and/or there's a really large amount of AS weapons. The AI didn't make good use of anti-subsystem weapons, at least on my playthrough. Also, get rid of Angelwing's scanner as soon as you get Brutus, and use the latter for scanning instead.

Also, get rid of Angelwing's scanner as soon as you get Brutus, and use the latter for scanning instead.

Except maybe for that mission with the locust queen.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You know when you're going alone, so you just put it back for this one (IIRC, you don't need much in terms of heavy weapons on this anyway, as the main threat are fighters and the Queen has no shields).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
so far i've found that the enemy kills whatever it is shooting at long before its weapons even approach being disabled.  the anti-sheild weapons i have thus far are exactly useless.  unless i use all energy shells but maybe one anti-hull weapon, their sheilds regenerate faster than they are drained.  but then that leaves me with practically nothing to actually kill them with. :banghead:

You should have access to Energy Bombs (the big area-effect artillery shield killers), right? If not, set up a few ships with your best anti-shield guns, and order them to put more power to weapons during combat. This should get Gorg shields down pretty quick and you can finish off with guns and torpedoes.

Don't waste your time with anti-subsystem lasers, missiles, or (by and large) fighters. These are pretty much useful only on specific missions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:22:20 am by General Battuta »

I don't know, I kinda like having ****loads of light-lazors :) (and a few anti-hull guns), although it is usually much faster to go for an anti-shield/hull combo.

In any case, missiles & fighters/gunboats/bombers/marines have a nasty tendency of getting blown to bits by flak lasers, so I'd avoid them unless you really know what you are doing.

Aren't the heavy anti-subsystem lasers capable of punching through shields to hit subsystems directly?  A couple Whitelights or Burning Fists will really do a number on shield generators.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Aren't the heavy anti-subsystem lasers capable of punching through shields to hit subsystems directly?  A couple Whitelights or Burning Fists will really do a number on shield generators.

They are but it's really not worth your time compared to the Crisis Energy Bomb Angelwing/railgun-and-torp fleet loadout. At least in main fleet engagements rather than tactical missions.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
For some reason, killing the shield with lasers was more effective for me, especially early on when I didn't have access to any big shield breakers..

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
If it aint broke :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

ARISE, GLORIOUS THREAD OF THE AGES. FEEEEEL THE POWER OF HD SUPPORT AND WIDESCREEN RESOLUTIONS STREAAAM TROUGH YOUR BODY!
:necro:
For Nexus the Jupiter Incident has recieved a new update. Patch notes are here.

This is quite rad. I do not own Nexus The Jupiter Incident, but I can imagine that a few of the HLPians will enjoy this.

Or perhaps buy it.

Hmmm.

I probably should buy it shouldn't I?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'm tempted to pick it back up so I can be forced to salvage multiple military catastrophes from this ****ing guy:

Seriously this game can be an ulcer machine at times :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
****ing Norbank.....
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Didn't some FS campaign use him as a headani? I think it was TopAce's Renegade Ressurgence.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
ARISE, GLORIOUS THREAD OF THE AGES. FEEEEEL THE POWER OF HD SUPPORT AND WIDESCREEN RESOLUTIONS STREAAAM TROUGH YOUR BODY!
:necro:
For Nexus the Jupiter Incident has recieved a new update. Patch notes are here.

Bought it on GOG so that is probably useless to me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Did we ever find what happened to this franchise when the Kickstarter for the sequel failed? I know the license ended on some Nordic studio, but not anything else.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Bought it on GOG so that is probably useless to me.

The patch caused some problems as I hear (including having to make clean re-installs for it to work) ... since GoG is more committed to customer satisfaction than Steam is, the arrival of the patch on GoG may take a while
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Veers

Went online to have a look, downloaded while I wasn't paying attention. So hopefully no issues when I boot it tomorrow.

Kinda got to finish it still...
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Did we ever find what happened to this franchise when the Kickstarter for the sequel failed? I know the license ended on some Nordic studio, but not anything else.

It looks like it ended up back in the hands of the original devs (hence why they were able to run the Kickstarter) and since it failed (because they asked for half a ****ing million) they've just patched the original.

e: NVM, I guess it's in the hands of Nordic; apparently the studio that pitched the Kickstarter is gone now. Nordic have done, uh, this since they acquired the IP in September; it sounds like they have more plans than that for the IP.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:34:31 am by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I note that they've touched up the modding tools, I wonder if it'd be possible for them to unlock the limitations which made modding on Nexus so difficult...
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.