Author Topic: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!  (Read 69797 times)

Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.
Can you skin the frog? Get started on your collection of valuable creature pelts for the quest that always pops up for 150 frog pelts (or something).
And hey, maybe it had swallowed something of value? You never know until you cut it open...

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.
Lester:

*prods Elladan with the end of his staff

Quit playing in it. You'll get your loot, but not in some damned frog and the middle of this damned swamp.

*wipes frog gore off of himself with his hat and begins walking

(I don't think our characters are getting along very well after that simpleton remark, sparda  :()

Elladan:
*gets up from the frog
You spent all our money on ale for just the two of you.  I'm searching for loot so we can expose the cheat by beating him at his own cheating and then spend our well-earned gains on ale for the whole party, which we'll need lots of after we get done killing everything in this swamp and the moathouse.  Help me find and carry out the loot from this swamp and we're okay.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
why no proper hilarious fumbles with critical misses? da dice are not properly loaded if there's no hilarity!
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Lester:
[while walking]
And you expected to find something of value in the gut of a frog in the middle of the wilderness? We're better off cutting down all of these trees and selling the timber. Which, no, I do not advise doing.

wish I had more ale... maybe something stronger...

Elladan:
What if he had devoured an adventurer or two and had some gold still rattling around in his belly?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
* Lessiah speaks quietly.
Can't we all get along? I'm sure we'll have enough to fight soon enough without arguing amongst ourselves.
* Lessiah turns to Lyndus.
At least we're friends, right?
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
* Lyndus  gives Lessiah a cute, innocent smile.

But before she can say anything, Elladan interrupts the conversation with a loud shout, followed by a squishing noise.

One magic missile later, the frog croaks.  Just in time too, a third frog has just arrived.

As a forth frog shows up, Lester has second thoughts about his current spell selection.

Elladan demonstrates some impressive swordsmanship.

The party finishes off the forth and final frog in short order.

Lyndus mutters about how critters are trying to eat her again.

Poor Luna is too tired to manage many more spells.  She decides to converse her remaining energy and rely on her non-existent archery skills instead.

With a train of dead frogs in their wake, the party reaches the moathouse proper.

Ambush!

Lester demonstrates how even cantrips can be lethal.

Slab decides that now would be an appropriate time…to…RAAAEEGGG!!!1!11!one11!

Brigand:  “Oh, it’s just a pansy elf and a tiny rodent.  What are they going to d-ARRGHHHH!!”

Rodd sets to work healing Slab’s nasty injury.

Then both Rodd and Slab get interrupted by more brigands.  Luna demonstrates her remarkable archery skills.

Slab charges at one of the bandits.  The bandit’s buddy stabs Slab in the back, but gets cut down by a blind, reflexive axe strike from Slab.

You are supposed to dodge away from the blade, not towards it!

Unimpressed by Luna’s impressive archery, Lessiah lets loose an arrow of her own.

The big, manly brigands decide that they need to gang up on the little halfling.  Rodd demonstrates the error of their ways.

And, thus ends the battle.

Rather then relying on some illogical random drop system, complete with money spiders, this game is bold enough to let you TAKE ALL THE THINGS!

The party gets to decide what to do with all this cumbersome loot.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
ooc: what's that blue potion do? heals stuff?

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
OOC: Equip any items that are superior to our own, keep potions, sell everything else once we get back.

OOC: Sounds excellent.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GM LOG

Despite the worthy efforts of their brother, the rest of the Giant Frogs proved more in line with what would be expected of giant frogs. Or in simple terms, they got curbstomped. The banditry almost but not quite managed to pose a threat to the party, as good banditry should.

Although the halfling taking on two of them at once with ease was kind of embaressing to bandits and brigands everywhere. Really must devise effective counter for later in the campaign.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
ooc: what's that blue potion do? heals stuff?

Everyone started out with one of those potions, however for some odd reason they aren't identified despite STARTING OUT with them.  My educated guess is that they are Potions of Cure Light Wounds.

OOC: Equip any items that are superior to our own, keep potions, sell everything else once we get back.

The only things useful that we found is a set of light armor for Thog and some ammunition in the form of crossbow bolts.  We already have basic ranged weapons, and the gloves, boots, and rusty longswords are pretty much useless to us.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Lester:

*jabs Elladan with his staff a bit

You want your loot? You carry it. Damn elves, four pairs of shoes, three pairs of gloves...

*Mutters to himself and heads toward the door

Come on slab, we'll probably need your axe in the keep

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
* Lyndus points to a nearby tower.
"Oohhh, what's over there?  Can we take a look inside quick?"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
*  Lessiah looks at the tower with curiosity.
Oooh, yes please!
*  Lessiah turns to Lester, looking sad.
Why are you so mean to elves?

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
* Lyndus suddenly has an idea.
"Why don't we just have the dwarf carry everything?"

Offline Axem

Whoa dude. Just because I'm ripped, doesn't mean I'm your pack mule. What's wrong with Bhog carrying everything?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
There's something wrong with this bow! Or the arrows! Or both!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
* Lyndus grins at the dwarf, handing him a large bag of stuff.
"You're a dwarf, you can handle it!"
* Lyndus then hands Luna a sling.
"Trade you?"