Great
12 (26.1%)
Good
12 (26.1%)
OK
13 (28.3%)
Sucked
2 (4.3%)
.....Why did Spartan even create this thread?
7 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: September 07, 2006, 06:15:03 pm

Author Topic: Freelancer  (Read 11877 times)

Offline Fergus

Well I enjoyed far too much, still playing it online after all this time, hell I even became a Server Admin on one of the UK GSP servers.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Freelancer was like a really great bad movie; the gameplay is a textbook example of half-finished design (aside from exploration, which is fun if you can stay alive), the writing and dialogue was watchable at best, laughable at worst, but somehow I still enjoyed it immensely.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:51:38 pm by Mr. Vega »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Roanoke

I thought the whole factions element was sabotaged by scripted elements. Spent ages getting into the (IIRC) Liberty Smugglers, or mayne Rogues, good books only for them to turn when the Liberty Navy turned against me.

Took too long to repair your "rep" with guys who defaulted as hostile too. Usually meant attacking Bounty Hunters to win favour by privy.  :doubt:

I thought the whole factions element was sabotaged by scripted elements. Spent ages getting into the (IIRC) Liberty Smugglers, or mayne Rogues, good books only for them to turn when the Liberty Navy turned against me.

Took too long to repair your "rep" with guys who defaulted as hostile too. Usually meant attacking Bounty Hunters to win favour by privy.  :doubt:

you should check out the All friendly mod.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It downright SUCKED if you ask me.

Fly to point A, blast target, tractor a piece of the target (some originality) to your "cargo bay," fly to point B and get your reward. not much of a way to move the storyline along.

One of its biggest flaws was the random mission generator.

(yay, i decided to post again!)

Word. I literally looked at the missions once and found most of the missions to be those fly to A and B missions, with crappy prices. only one was some kind of recon mission.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta