Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

FSDoc Updates/Suggestions

<< < (2/49) > >>

Nuke:
my bigest concern is that too few people are adding to it. also alot of descriptions for things seem inacurate. id also rather programers list instructions for new features there instead of in the forums. alot of people will cut and paste and thats fine. its just if someone sumerizes for a programer they may simply leave out important details. other than that it was a pretty good idea to have it the way it is.

Lonestar:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Nuke
my bigest concern is that too few people are adding to it. also alot of descriptions for things seem inacurate. id also rather programers list instructions for new features there instead of in the forums. alot of people will cut and paste and thats fine. its just if someone sumerizes for a programer they may simply leave out important details. other than that it was a pretty good idea to have it the way it is.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, any ideas as to how to make people more interested in posting stuff in the FS Doc? Is it too hard to login? Registration problems? Maybe forum user integration would be useful so you dont need to remember an extra login?

kasperl:
Toss the bloody wikiword loginname requirement. That'll save you a lot of problems already.
More forum intergration would be great, though.

Can we switch from [ link ] to [[ link ]] ? It makes ordinary texts a lot easier, and there are other things that use straight brackets. Double brackets, wikipedia style, are easier, IMHO.

(Yes, it'll cause a lot of work, but a single "link changer" should be able to do that, right?

Nuke:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Lonestar
Hmmm, any ideas as to how to make people more interested in posting stuff in the FS Doc?
--- End quote ---

how about avatars for people who add to it. or make an entry add to thei post count. its kinda hard to make people want to take the time to add something. if adding to the wiki increases one's status in the comunity it might be enough to make them use it.

--- Quote ---
Is it too hard to login? Registration problems?
--- End quote ---

it was abit trickey the first time i used it, i had to get help. it was just me not interpreting the instructions properly. it all came down to me not knowing what a wiki word was.

--- Quote ---
Maybe forum user integration would be useful so you dont need to remember an extra login?
--- End quote ---

it would be nice. if it would make adding to the wiki no different than posting on the forum.

Sandwich:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Lonestar
At 800x600 Resolution the FSDOC fits fine, although the table width could be slightly larger its not too small. With different resolution sizes on the internet and a majority still being 800x600, im forced to design the wiki with that in mind.
--- End quote ---

It's actually set to fit in a 640x480 window, but I'd be surprised if any of us still use that resolution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version