Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

User-Made Weapons Page: Adding new Entries

(1/5) > >>

z64555:
Hello all! Poll time.

With the newly added User-Made Weapons page on the wiki, we need some help in figuring out what exactly should go up there, and to do that we need to know what qualifies said weaponry.

Most options should be self explanatory, while Options 4 and 5 simply mean that a weapon qualifies if any of the selected criteria is met. For example, Option 4 means that a weapon would qualify if it had a new weapon model or did something interesting, but not if it was a featured weapon in a major campaign/mod.

Option 2 does posit an interesting statement for a "major" campaign or mod. To clear that up a bit, we'll go with "Any mod that is part of a hosted project, and any released campaign that has had the Announcement spotlight" for now.  :nervous:

Black Wolf:
This is the (very WiP) page that is under discussion:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-Made_Weapons

BirdofPrey:
Option 2 and 3 may be good for actually populating the list, but I don't think it needs to be as big a priority once the initial work is done.  1 I think is of minimal importance personally, since you hardly see the weapons anyways, though is obviously of more importance to secondaries since they will actually be rendered in a mission.

Anyways, once a list is populated based on 2 and 3, the first thing to do would be to cull the list to remove weapons that are extremely similar, and after that, when it comes to adding new entires, the first question should be, "How is this different from everything else on the list?"

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: BirdofPrey on March 07, 2015, 12:01:30 am ---1 I think is of minimal importance personally, since you hardly see the weapons anyways, though is obviously of more importance to secondaries since they will actually be rendered in a mission.

--- End quote ---
So will the primaries.

BirdofPrey:
Huh, didn't realize that existed.  I can't say I have noticed it being used anywhere.

Still, I think interesting weapons with an old model is more useful than the same weapons with new models.
Of course there could be a section for just the weapon models like how there's a repository of user-made ships, but plenty aren't really statted all that much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version