Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

Help! FSWiki under spambot attack

<< < (2/3) > >>

mjn.mixael:
I hope we have a backup... Kill it with fire. Start again.

TopAce:
Well, they stopped at least. Guess that's good.

jr2:
Yeah, that debug stuff has been there a few days.  I just assumed it was you guys doing something server-move related (wiki is outputting debug stuff to spoilered text lines on every wiki page).

Goober5000:
My guess is that this is somehow related to the HTTPS move.  I fixed the wiki before I fixed the forum, and it has been working just fine for the last few weeks.

The configuration settings that prevented account creation had been removed.  I added them back.

The debug data should not be displayed; it wasn't enabled in LocalSettings.php and I tried specifically disabling it with no luck.  It looks like disabling account creation is working properly, so it's not a case of LocalSettings.php not being loaded somehow.  It must be caused by something else, but I couldn't say what.

I'm on travel this weekend and for the next few days so my ability to do much more will be limited.  Hopefully Zacam and/or rev_posix can look into this in the meantime.  We do have backups, so rolling it back sounds like the best option to me.

--- Quote from: jr2 on November 26, 2017, 05:33:28 pm ---Yeah, that debug stuff has been there a few days.  I just assumed it was you guys doing something server-move related (wiki is outputting debug stuff to spoilered text lines on every wiki page).
--- End quote ---

FFS, there is a big blue newspost for a reason.  "If you see anything that isn't working, please let us know."

jr2:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on November 27, 2017, 12:04:21 am ---My guess is that this is somehow related to the HTTPS move.  I fixed the wiki before I fixed the forum, and it has been working just fine for the last few weeks.

The configuration settings that prevented account creation had been removed.  I added them back.

The debug data should not be displayed; it wasn't enabled in LocalSettings.php and I tried specifically disabling it with no luck.  It looks like disabling account creation is working properly, so it's not a case of LocalSettings.php not being loaded somehow.  It must be caused by something else, but I couldn't say what.

I'm on travel this weekend and for the next few days so my ability to do much more will be limited.  Hopefully Zacam and/or rev_posix can look into this in the meantime.  We do have backups, so rolling it back sounds like the best option to me.

--- Quote from: jr2 on November 26, 2017, 05:33:28 pm ---Yeah, that debug stuff has been there a few days.  I just assumed it was you guys doing something server-move related (wiki is outputting debug stuff to spoilered text lines on every wiki page).
--- End quote ---

FFS, there is a big blue newspost for a reason.  "If you see anything that isn't working, please let us know."

--- End quote ---

To my mind, that's still within the realm of "working properly", as I can put up with it and it remains functional.  I was a bit concerned at first, but I figured someone who knows about web dev would have noticed it if it wasn't intentional (bad assumption, I know; in hindsight, those were probably busy doing other things besides editing the wiki.  My very bad, I shall now go sit in the corner by the air ducts with my lunch bag. :( )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version