Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270088 times)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Yeah, the beauty of the Stalker is that you can boat it for anything, and it can kill anything damn near fast. (The most common downfall of it is just proper heat management is required.)

I was playing a Raven-3L (two M-Lasers, 1 M-Pulse, 2 Streak-2s) and had two ECM Commandos on my side... won six matches straight, and we wreaked havoc on a lot of Mechs (we were able to slaughter or at the least annoy a hell of a lot of lights and heavies, and most of the time, we had at most two casualties).

Scoring kill shots on Atlases and Laser-boat Hunchbacks has never been so much fun.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Lights in packs or pairs tend to be pretty vicious especially when you can leverage cover. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

*cough* Lag shield *cough* :p

I was playing a Raven-3L (two M-Lasers, 1 M-Pulse, 2 Streak-2s)

Why not just go 2MPL or three MLs + an extra DHS?

I too caved and bought a Stalker.  I didn't likes it. :nono: I miss having arms to absorb long range fire and the beautiful dakka song of UACs I got with my Atlasaurus. And then I hit a Commando in the back with 5 ASRM6s and the carcass flew like 30 meters. :D I'm still not sure if that is a sign of lulz to come or payment for suffering with it through a dozen matches before then.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I miss having arms to absorb long range fire

The weird thing is the Stalker is literally the only 'Mech that never comes back with arms still attached if I die. Possibly because of a lack side torsos too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I just got myself a 5N so I could start eliting the dragons, decked it out with AC5/UAC5/SSRM2/2xML.  When assaults stand still let the lulz begin.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

The Spider has been released today. Now what?
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Laugh at how terrible it is?

also: sensor decay. Nothing like LRM boats everywhere whose lock you can't break with cover.

*supar imporant edited post edition*   double xp weekend this weekend!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:31:07 pm by Suongadon »

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie

also: sensor decay. Nothing like LRM boats everywhere whose lock you can't break with cover.

*supar imporant edited post edition*   double xp weekend this weekend!

...those pesky scouts can really ruin your day :D
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
bwahahahaha XD

this made my day honestly.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

News from the front:

Patch is up. Hero Commando (four lasers), some memleaks supposedly fixed, there's a boat in Forest Colony Snow, NARC/TAG spots get paid... and that's all I know.

Oh and we get Betty's startup sequence (player turns on console, and everything powers up in countdown).

*cue Spider Pig theme* All it takes is probably an anti-ECM unit, a few Streak volleys and some accurate laser aiming, and that's that.

One time, I was in Caustic in my Shortcat, and while I was throwing alpha volleys into an Atlas's back... a Spider showed up in my face, then one alpha volley and I basically turned him to mech shrapnel (I cored all his torso sections and blew off his arms).

Still, that was a bit cooler than another Caustic encounter in my L-Laser Cat-C1 (3 LLs, 2 SSRM-2s). There were about four Atlases, but I was able to expose their front CTs with the 3LLs (which is why one-by-one popups are a bit of a bad idea), then it was easy pickings for the rest of the team. What was sad was that I was at 350 meters and nobody took pot shots against me (one of the Phracts had LB-10X ACs, which could have hurt me).

Netcode seems to be much less bad than it used to be too. Less bad meaning I spent the first three-four matches wondering why I couldn't hit light mechs with my patented 'turn so they are on the edge of your screen and shoot straight ahead' technique. And then I was like OH **** I CAN SHOOT THE MODEL AND IT REGISTERS DAMAGE!

So many sad little Ravens got nom'd in the face with AC10s. :D

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I am pleased with this update.  It wasn't big in terms of content, but they did address some critical issues.  For me, I can now play more than 2 games without getting the dreaded 4 fps/block-text bug, and have a higher fps in general.  I think the mech startup sequence is a nice addition, beats out the boring countdown.  I am also very enthused by what I read here and I can't wait to see where it goes.  I just hope they hurry it up, the anticipation is killing me.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

I think the mech startup sequence is a nice addition, beats out the boring countdown.

You mean that "Reactor: Online - Weapon Systems: Online - Sensors: Online" is in the game?

Neat.

Offline Patriot

Not like in MW3 though, voice-sound-wise, but it's in alright :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They did supposedly get the MW2 Betty, but I have little memory of it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I am pleased with this update.  It wasn't big in terms of content, but they did address some critical issues.  For me, I can now play more than 2 games without getting the dreaded 4 fps/block-text bug, and have a higher fps in general.  I think the mech startup sequence is a nice addition, beats out the boring countdown.  I am also very enthused by what I read here and I can't wait to see where it goes.  I just hope they hurry it up, the anticipation is killing me.

Yeah, they messed with some stuff. I got this really nasty retro TV pixelated bug that just ruined one of my games. I think overall things are improving though.

Those combat support strikes seem pretty cool. I don't see how they can implement such a thing without going pay-to-win though.

I hope they buff the **** out of machine guns. That would be nice for the Dragon-5N.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Those combat support strikes seem pretty cool. I don't see how they can implement such a thing without going pay-to-win though.

I hope they buff the **** out of machine guns. That would be nice for the Dragon-5N.

1. I also heard that for base defense missions in Assault, if you have a Command Console, you could be able to control the defense turrets (that's coming way later, I think). Hopefully discourages the assault rush...

2. As much as I would love to see classic Machine Guns in action (2 damage with 200 rounds per ton), or even a really good damage/ROF buff, I can't think but imagine hearing "hurr durr AC/2s are useless, ye bastards"* in my head all the time.

* I have seen quite a few AC/2 operators fight rather competently, though 4x5 Phracts and Ultra Ilyas give me more cause for concern.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken