Author Topic: Issues with the Karnak / Mission after "Secrets Reborn" ?  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Issues with the Karnak / Mission after "Secrets Reborn" ?
So, those of you with the FSPort Media VPs enabled may have been frustrated when trying to load the PVI Karnak in the tech room, or the game may seem to freeze when loading a certain ST:R mission.

All you need is patience.

The Karnak is a very large, very complex model, and the first time (and ONLY the first time) you use it FreeSpace needs to cache some data for it.

This only happens the first time you load it. Give it a moment and all will be well. Some users have said it takes several minutes to build the index buffer, so please, be patient.

This is not a bug, it is a known and unfortunate side effect of having such amazing models in the game. We're working on including the index buffer file in the next FSPort MVP release, but until then, just hang on and rest assured it will only happen once.

Good day.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:41:10 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I see the thread title and I go "aw ****, not another one." Glad I was wrong or I would've done something I wouldn't have been proud of. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Re: Issues with the Karnak / Mission after "Secrets Reborn" ?
Hey dowloaded both this and the Silent threat reborn. installed as instruced. Keeps crashing as soon as program runs. not sure what to do

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey dowloaded both this and the Silent threat reborn. installed as instruced. Keeps crashing as soon as program runs. not sure what to do

Post a log file. See the support FAQ if you don't know how to generate one - it's pretty simple.

Offline Beskargam

Is this it?

windows specs =
Windows XP

Also unistalled both FS 1 and  STR before posting. was hoping deleting those files would make it work.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:39:08 pm by Beskargam »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The name for the pilot file you're trying to load is too long. Names must be shorter than 27 characters
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Beskargam

how do i change it? i cant get to the menu to create or delete pilots?

Offline Beskargam

fixed it. removed pilots from pilot data files. thanks! help much appreciated. btw u guys do incredibly amazing work