Author Topic: Star Wars mod  (Read 16013 times)

Offline est1895

Ships have been fixed. No more crash with an updated INFERNO SSE2 version, even with fraps runnig.
Mod pack has been updated and links too.
And here is the debug version : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Dyvhh0sT_oRzFlVHg4ZWlRRUE/edit

I always get a google docs error when I try to download this mod  :banghead:

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
I had to download it like 5 times for it to finally work for some reason.

Also, I figure this is the write place to post this. I have been working on this mod and have added new music, images, fixed some sound bugs, implemented new, smarter AI, and modified a whole host of table values to represent a Star Wars feel. For example: X-wings and TIE Interceptors now have auto convergence, lasers and ships are faster and deadlier, balance tweaks have been implemented, hyperspace jumps now look and sound like they do in movies, and a whole host of other additions I am forgetting. Anyway if anyone wants to test my additions shoot me a pm or post. I will eventually work on missions and a possible campaign too. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:01:58 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline warfull

est1895, I have just tried to download without any problem. Google claim that it cant make a preview then click on download, then it claim it can not scan the file for virus and I click on download anyway. Maybe you have connection problem and you should try a download accelerator like flashget.
Be aware that the link you quoted in your post is not the link to the mod but a link to a debug version of the exe file that you don't need to play.
Here is the mod : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Dyvhh0sT_oWjhtMTRUdDNiSVk/edit

Is there any other who encounter problem to download ?
What is the best alternative to Google Drive ?

Offline wookieejedi

Probably Freespace Mods: http://www.freespacemods.net/news.php
I use Mediafire, too, but that's just me.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I had to download it like 5 times for it to finally work for some reason.

Also, I figure this is the write place to post this. I have been working on this mod and have added new music, images, fixed some sound bugs, implemented new, smarter AI, and modified a whole host of table values to represent a Star Wars feel. For example: X-wings and TIE Interceptors now have auto convergence, lasers and ships are faster and deadlier, balance tweaks have been implemented, hyperspace jumps now look and sound like they do in movies, and a whole host of other additions I am forgetting. Anyway if anyone wants to test my additions shoot me a pm or post. I will eventually work on missions and a possible campaign too. 

Aha!

So that's where you went. I did have fun playing with your last mod, so it's nice to see that you've still been active working on these things.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks! It's always nice to have support, especially from someone who someone who helped me out so much in the my past endeavors. Hopefully this version will be much better then my last attempt since I am constantly learning  and improving and since a) the models warfull created are amazing, b) I know how to more properly incorporate all the new features from 3.6.18, and c) I have some really fun, interesting ideas for a custom Star Wars campaign that takes place over the course of the events in the Original Trilogy.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:45:35 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline est1895

I'm still having problems with the mod.  It keeps crashing.  I have the updated 'MyMod.rar' and the 'FS-Open 3.6.15d'.  Maybe it' s the build I'm using (newest).  Do I have all the required files?

Offline wookieejedi

I did not use the 3.6.15d exe, I just used the latest 3.6.18 build and it seemed to work. Do you have the ship patch file?

Offline est1895

No I don't.  Do you think you could give me the proper link for the ship patch file?

Offline wookieejedi

Offline est1895

Thanks Wookie, but for some reason I am not able to download the file.  I keep on getting an error message saying something about the internet explorer.

Offline wookieejedi

I uploaded them myself, see if it works now.

Just hit downloaded:

Model patch-https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hpjnkz22d776ho/modelcollide.cpp.patch

Ship patch-https://www.dropbox.com/s/45aarald2k3ny90/shipfx.cpp.patch

Offline est1895

Got 'em.  Thanks Wookie!!  How do I install them?  They look almost like basic programing.

Offline wookieejedi

I just pasted them into the table file, and it seemed to work

Offline warfull

New ships  :
 - Assault GunBoat  : 2450 poly
 - Tie Avanger : 4650 poly

Here some screenshots :

Here the files : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Dyvhh0sT_oZ082R19ONjlRY3c/edit?usp=sharing

This are only pof file and textures since Wookieejedi is now "in charge" of tabling.
This models have been build quickly during this week-end, textures need to be enhanced and I'll do it soon.
This files are published for those who are planing or building missions. I will create HUD icons for those ships.

Offline wookieejedi

These look excellent as usual. I will be sure to incorporte into tables. Also do you mind if I post this update on the ModDB Page? (If not then no problem) If you are a member on ModDB I will add you as an Admin/Mod Developer for the mod, too. Here is the link if you haven't seen it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline est1895

When you say paste, do you mean copy these files directly into the table file and overwrite anything thats there?

Offline wookieejedi

When you say paste, do you mean copy these files directly into the table file and overwrite anything thats there?

Yep, just paste them in. They should not end up overriding anything though. At least they didn't when I pasted them in there.