Author Topic: RELEASE - DEEP BLOOD  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
RELEASE - DEEP BLOOD
Two years have passed since the destruction of the Capella star, two years since both Terran and Vasudan peoples almost lost their homes, their worlds, their empires.
 For two hard years the Capella refugees struggled to find a place to call home, GTVA command decided to explore the Jump Node that led from Altair - a Node they had never been through before.  Luckly they found seven worlds that they gave to the Capella refugees, the new system was designated as Orion.
 Two years have passed since we stopped the Shivan advance in the Capella system.  Since then the GTVA has had the long and hard task of relocating the Capella refugees as well as dealing with the economic factors of the war.  The fleet is a mere shadow of its former self and is mainly acting as a police force due to reduced strength.  We are no longer the fit and strong fighting force we once were.
 The Orion system is located beyond the newly discovered jump node in Altair.  It holds seven M class planets and a jump node leading out of the system that is as yet unexplored.  One year ago, GTVA Command ordered the system to be explored.  Since then the system has been colonized by the Capellan refugees.

Designed, created and produced by: Arron "Gai Daigoji" Alderson
 Testing: James and Lisa.

Upgraded to use the SCP enhancements by the FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
 ====
 FSCRP Team
 ====
 Mobius - Project lead, backgrounds, testing, fredding
 Admiral Nelson - Project lead
 lostllama - testing
 Macfie - editing, grammar checking, fredding, testing
 Rhymes with PSYCHO - testing
 rbxplayer - testing
 Dilmah G - testing
 FoxtrotTango - testing
 Zantor - testing, grammar and spell check
 Rodo - nameplates
 SF-Junky - testing
 Nuclear1 - testing
 Aurora Paradox - testing and grammer checking
 Snail - Christening the Shivan gas miner Oriax

Requires FSO 3.6.12 and mediavps 3.6.12.
Installation: Unzip to your FS2 folder and select the mod "FSCRP_Deep_Blood" in the launcher.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20435975/FSCRP_Deep_Blood_7z
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.766
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/fscrp-deep-blood

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:37:27 am by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: RELEASE - DEEP BLOOD
just had a look at this one (nice work btw) and noticed something:
all over all kind of texts the words "system" "ulysses" and "says" are odly divided by tabs, like "sy               stem"
this really kills the reading and defenitly needs to be fixed
more words may be affected but unitl now i have noticed but those
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I took a look at the campaign, but I don't see what you're referring to.  Is this in the briefings, in-game messages or debriefings?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline fightermedic

well, everywhere
strange enough, i have just started freespace out of fred2 and this dissapeared
crazy  :lol:

edit: and once i launch it via the launcher again it reappears ...  :confused:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:39:17 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

what build are you using?

Offline fightermedic

fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF

this is affecting tech room descriptions too as i noticed
maybe it has something to do with the fact that i'm using a german version of freespace 2 that I have got from a magazin dvd?
but then, i never have noticed anything like this before in all campaigns i played

since you guys don't seem to have the problem, i'd say just don't bother, seems to be a local thing with my pc
>>Ships created by me<<

I... what... let me test

Edit: I opened it, using 3.6.12 release, and all looked okay. Sorry fightermedic, it must be something on your end.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:21:27 am by ktistai228 »

Offline Veers

maybe it has something to do with the fact that i'm using a german version of freespace 2 that I have got from a magazin dvd?
but then, i never have noticed anything like this before in all campaigns i played

Im going to step out on a limb here, but is it the full FS2 that your running?. I would assume that a magazine dvd would not contain a full game, but I guess that it depends on the game, age and the magazine.

But I've had no problems so far. Running on 3.6.12 with mediavps_3612. Perhaps use a newer build? (would that be the nightly builds?, or was there another.)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Im going to step out on a limb here, but is it the full FS2 that your running?. I would assume that a magazine dvd would not contain a full game, but I guess that it depends on the game, age and the magazine.

But I've had no problems so far. Running on 3.6.12 with mediavps_3612. Perhaps use a newer build? (would that be the nightly builds?, or was there another.)

I tested the campaign myself with the 3.6.12 build multiple times so it should work.

Offline fightermedic

actually it should be full FS2, since i never had any problem like this (or any problem at all that is) with all the campaigns i played before, and those would count up at least to a dozen ;)
however let's end this, to minor a thing to bother
>>Ships created by me<<