Author Topic: FSO for a mobile device  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Re: FSO for a mobile device
Except there are flight combat sims and space combat sims on the tablets nowadays.
Names or it didn't happen.

"Galaxy on Fire 2" "Dangerous HD" just to name but two.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Wouldn't it almost be simpler to just make a whole tablet space flight sim from the ground up, with FS-like mechanics into it instead of trying to port this engine to a mobile device?
As has been discussed, there's no way to get the entire Freespace experience without at least a full keyboard; you'd have to build it with a table in mind first, and make it Freespace-like second.

Names or it didn't happen.

There's also Hotshot, a game some guy popped in to advertise a few months ago: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85282.0

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Except there are flight combat sims and space combat sims on the tablets nowadays.

Great, then play those and be done with it.
Because those were designed with the control scheme of a portable device/interface in mind, presumably, and thus far more suited to the platform than the FSO engine is.
No need to be hostile. I concurred with FSO not needing to be made mobile, and I agreed with your position implicitly.