Author Topic: Joshua 2: The remix of the remix  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Joshua 2: The remix of the remix
So... yeah. Pretty much what it says in the title. I recorded a guitar to it, and Herra messed around with some pitch corrections to blend it in better, and well... here it is. Enjoy, maybe.

Download
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Re: Joshua 2: The remix of the remix
Eh, I dunno, the music itself isn't really doing it for me in its modified form.

Well put together though, doesn't sound poorly put together or anything.

To make a suggestion, perhaps move the piano or whatever it is into more of a background volume level, it seems like its competing with the guitar for attention right now.*

*no formal music knowledge whatsoever so treat it as such

edited to remove some confusingness

Offline Darius

Just for fun, I put Cobra's guitar to the "Shivan mix" version. Now it sounds like stadium rock.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Impressive, I assume you have a version of the song in a more editable format?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Slow down Darius' modified mix by about 20% for awesome.

Cobra, nice work.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Impressive, I assume you have a version of the song in a more editable format?

If by having a separate guitar track, yes.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Uh, I just meant it sounded like darius had a midi version or something which would let him replace different parts of the song more easily.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well he does his work in Fruity Loops last I heard, so he CAN do that. :P

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well that's definitely something new.  it's quality work to be sure, but as for my personal preference.... eh.  mixed feelings.  i think you could have done with less synth-type stuff in the background, and maybe slow down/have fewer runs on the guitar.  i think having it linger instead of the pickup/intro licks into the next.... segment (not sure how to phrase that) here and there would add a lot to the feel.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Slow down Darius' modified mix by about 20% for awesome.

Cobra, nice work.

Why do I get a Battlestar Galactica vibe?

[EDIT] Uploaded slow version for great justice. Could possibly make an epic credits roll song.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:09:05 am by Darius »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
turn the guitar up and the piano down a tad and that's money.

did you re-record the guitar or just slow down the track?  there were a few places where it sounded.... scratchy is the best word i can come up with.  don't know if that's intentional, flub, or artifact from processing.

i was trying to give it a full listen and nitpick that you may take in mind or discard at your leisure, but the jets are flying so that will have to wait.  i can say now though that those first bends shortly after the guitar starts are baller.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
So I made this by cutting out approximately 10 seconds form the start and slowing the track down by 15%

I would try to make the start "better" but all I have is Audacity and I haven't used it in long while.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
-source image gone overnight, as pointed out-

Anyways, this stuff is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:46:47 pm by QuakeIV »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I do not know what image you tried to link to but I believe it doesn't work.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras