Author Topic: AntiAliasing  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Logrus

Is there any way to make antialising work? Whatever I do - turn it on/off in ATI CC, set it to 16x in the launcher, turn it on in Features=>Graphics - I still have jaggies all over in game. Any ideas?
And BTW, what is "Lighting Shafts" (or something like this) in the launcher graphics settings?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If you have postprocessing enabled, you can't use regular AA. Instead, turn on FXAA.

Lightshafts are very pretty.

Offline Logrus

I have postprocessing disabled. Still neither regular, nor FXAA works:(

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
You need to post-processing enabled to have FXAA. If you are unsure that fxaa is enabled, add "-fxaa_preset 9" (the values range from 0 - 9, so use accordingly) to your custom flags.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Logrus

Turned on the post effects, picture became a bit smoother, but at a cost of performance, and large ships are still juggy. Is there a way to use driver AA as in previous code versions?