Author Topic: Crash When trying to load (Antipodes)  (Read 1665 times)

Crash When trying to load (Antipodes)
I used the full installer and installed it to my FS2 folder. When I went to play it using the 3-6-17 BP build Windows popped up saying "Freespace 2 Open- Antipodes" has stopped working. I installed the installer to its own folder, got the same message. The message pops up saying Windows is working to fix the problem then the screen goes black. Could use some help

**EDIT** looked around and saw that people are having issues. But it seems like they're able to play. I can't load at all

**EDIT2** tried to load another mod with the 3-6-17 and it popped up with the error, 3-6-14 works fine
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:49:03 pm by basnyy213 »
Current Projects A New Dawn and Empires

Re: Crash When trying to load (Antipodes)
Usual process in this case is to try to run the game with the DEBUG build. It'll crash again, but it will also generate an fs2_open.log file in the Freespace2/data folder.

Post that. It has tons of information for the coder people that they can use to determine exactly what's going wrong and how to fix it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

So it runs with the debug mode but only gets 3-4 FPS, I'm gonna drop the graphics and see. I'm running an Alienware M15x so I don't usually have frame rate issues. It still won't run with the regular launcher

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Please post the fs2_open.log from FreeSpace2/data/.

Here it is

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Now the game crashed after the dreamscape mission, wouldn't let me any farther