Author Topic: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.2 [CLASSIFIED]  (Read 25247 times)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.1 [CLASSIFIED]
A parallel universe? And i thought this one is an Epilogue to the Freespace Saga... and that took place in only one universe as far as i remember.

But well, i do not know, maybe the Capella Supernova causes a dimensional rift and actually both games were shifted into a video game in the Dimensional Eclipse universe which could be a parallel universe of Wings of Dawn... who knows?  :pimp:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

It happens in a parallel universe where logic follows entirely different laws and principles.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This mod is set hundreds to even thousands of years into the future, perhaps overlapping with Mortal Engines, of which this mod is a stealth sequel. It's not a mash up of franchises. This is a Teaser Demo. Its about the Shivans. They want to punish transgressions by many races, especially after the events involving the destruction of Earth. In doing so, they attract attention from Vishnu, who want to wage war on the Shivans for some reason after banishing them from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time. It may take place in another universe different than the GTVA's.

Do I need to write a design doc to make up for this?

rekt
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
:rolleyes:

Everyone take a shot with a gun o' course.
Help, I'm dying of both lead and alcohol poisoning.

The only thing that can save me is if Bryan See explains to me again how his creation interacts with Mortal Engines from 2018

Yes, please do. I'm sure everyone here would be very interested in reading it.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

My head hurts. My brain's knocking and said it'd leave me forever if I continue reading this thread.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
A parallel universe? And i thought this one is an Epilogue to the Freespace Saga... and that took place in only one universe as far as i remember.

But well, i do not know, maybe the Capella Supernova causes a dimensional rift and actually both games were shifted into a video game in the Dimensional Eclipse universe which could be a parallel universe of Wings of Dawn... who knows?  :pimp:
Yeah. Could be. The Shivans are nomadic, trying to find their way home. On their way, they might have happened across the BSG universe and the 2018 Mortal Engines movie universe, in which Shattered Stars is set.
It happens in a parallel universe where logic follows entirely different laws and principles.
Indeed it is.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

Yeah. Could be. The Shivans are nomadic, trying to find their way home. On their way, they might have happened across the BSG universe and the 2018 Mortal Engines movie universe, in which Shattered Stars is set.
Indeed it is.

So all the bugs and crashes aren't just errors but... are there to make the player wonder about the nature of the Shivans, as they are living in a universe where not only black holes or gamma ray bursts occur but also CTDs, spontainous space time foldings making parts of ships transparent as if they were missing textures. And the reveal that the multiverse is in fact only a simulation of the Brahman council, running on a Windows OS with incompatible drivers, hence the warped reality?

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam

So all the bugs and crashes aren't just errors but... are there to make the player wonder about the nature of the Shivans, as they are living in a universe where not only black holes or gamma ray bursts occur but also CTDs, spontainous space time foldings making parts of ships transparent as if they were missing textures. And the reveal that the multiverse is in fact only a simulation of the Brahman council, running on a Windows OS with incompatible drivers, hence the warped reality?

god damnit nightmare you just made me choke on my water because i was drinking while reading your comment
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Why are you drinking water? That's cheating the drinking game we've got going here.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Strygon

• Steam
Why are you drinking water? That's cheating the drinking game we've got going here.

Oh right, I forgot! Let me unpack some booze and get the party started.

cause boy am i gonna need that after playing through this mess of a mod

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

god damnit nightmare you just made me choke on my water because i was drinking while reading your comment

It's the new level of reality gaming introduced by Star Citizen. In SC you drink your coffee, but the game crashes and forces you to drink your coffee in RL instead. Shattered Stars follows a similar concept but emphasizes the sim-part (as piloting a Shivan fighter in RL isn't supported by Shattered Stars yet). 2*3D gaming so to say. It's the only way for game designers right now to truly interact with people in RL yet.

You'd have to be alcoholic to survive elseway, and even then your chances are tiny.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I approve the Highlight now... not because of the Mod you can download, but because both Shattered Stars threads became a modern HLP classic already...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we highlight a topic instead of a release then?  :nervous:

Maybe we have to delete the Download links to be highlighted?  :P
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
I approve the Highlight now... not because of the Mod you can download, but because both Shattered Stars threads went to a modern classic already...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we highlight a topic instead of a release then?  :nervous:

Maybe we have to delete the Download links for that?  :P
Yes. After Shattered Stars 1.0.2 is released.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Do you mean the Highlight or removing the download links?

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Do you mean the Highlight or removing the download links?
Highlights. Both.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Guys, I'm wondering... many of us have been talking about promoting HLP more and really putting the community's best face forward, right?

This is literally the most posted-in topic in the past week, or more. New people see this, what do they see? Chaos. No one person is 100% responsible for this. The project head started the mod, yes, but with near everyone with some say in the community repeatedly expressing (if not shouting) their honest and fervent opinions on this unusual affair, things have gotten out of hand. And they will not get better just by continuing to rant at the project head thus giving him attention and something to keep talking about - thus wasting his time and ours.

Advise simply not posting in this topic until things improve. This advice is not an attack on Bryan See. It is a recognition that things have spiraled out of control; out of control until we all take a step back and maybe return to this topic down the road when tempers have cooled and certain issues have been recognized/fixed by those with the prerogative/responsibility to do so.

TL;DR: keep personal attacks focused on Derek Smart  ;) leave this topic lie, post about other stuff elsewhere and let the issue cool down, fix itself - or fade away if it will.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Re: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.2 [CLASSIFIED]
Guys, I'm wondering... many of us have been talking about promoting HLP more and really putting the community's best face forward, right?

This is literally the most posted-in topic in the past week, or more. New people see this, what do they see? Chaos. No one person is 100% responsible for this. The project head started the mod, yes, but with near everyone with some say in the community repeatedly expressing (if not shouting) their honest and fervent opinions on this unusual affair, things have gotten out of hand. And they will not get better just by continuing to rant at the project head thus giving him attention and something to keep talking about - thus wasting his time and ours.

Advise simply not posting in this topic until things improve. This advice is not an attack on Bryan See. It is a recognition that things have spiraled out of control; out of control until we all take a step back and maybe return to this topic down the road when tempers have cooled and certain issues have been recognized/fixed by those with the prerogative/responsibility to do so.

TL;DR: keep personal attacks focused on Derek Smart  ;) leave this topic lie, post about other stuff elsewhere and let the issue cool down, fix itself - or fade away if it will.
HLP is a place where we, the modders, supposed to create projects.

Shattered Stars is the latest project that I have something to offer. It offers not only the distant future of FreeSpace, but also in one of the universes the Shivans are said to be traveling in search of their way back home as the explosion of the Capella star might serve as a bridge between universes (one of them is the 2018 Mortal Engines movie universe, which happens to be the 2004 BSG universe). The development team consists of one person, which is me. I know there's a reasonable explanation, and that the HLP community won't get better by ranting at the project head, giving me attention and something to keep talking about.

I heed this advice until things improve.

BTW, I don't know about Derek Smart, other than he's the creator of Battlecruiser 3000AD.

And, maybe you'll put it into the Highlights section?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Strygon

• Steam
HLP is a place where we, the modders, supposed to create projects.

*snippity snap*

And, maybe you'll put it into the Highlights section?

Bryan this is the third time you've asked to have this... mod be put in Highlights when it's not exactly worthy of it being put there. Cool it.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
@Bryan: As the creator of the mod you certainly have the right to post in this topic. I was speaking to everyone, the audience, myself included, when I suggested that we let the topic sit for a bit.

Of course we create stuff!  :yes: Again, you're perfectly welcome to post here - especially if you have substantial bugfixes/adjustments/quality of life stuff to add.

Derek Smart is a video game developer of a sort at best, a true pain at worst. He is very concerned with making sure that everyone knows how great his games are and what a visionary he is. Ordinarily this would not have been a problem, could have just been a passing joke really, until the day when Smart very much threatened to buy the Freespace IP. Given how much it has sold for, it was not entirely out of his reach, believe me. His condescending attitude, refusal to listen to any sensible advice, commitment to completely trample on common sense, the dignity of the IP, and everything that made the game what it is...

His games weren't that great anyways, to put it mildly. Derek Smart is probably the only person that the community could be said to universally loath. Unfortunately no action is pending to bring that chump to justice - but we'd all be quietly happy if it were.  :nod: