Author Topic: Kaijus..Kaijus come stompin!  (Read 8965 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Kaijus..Kaijus come stompin!
In this case, flash games, a market known for being free to play, but subject to a great deal of ad revenue if you do it right.

There is no "right" way to did it accoring to you.
You complain agaisnt any type of monetizing they would try to do.

Have you even checked GOG or Steam or any other game sellers catalogues? There are tons and tons of simpler games, all for sale.

Like I said, just because there is someone willing to give you a Mona Lisa for free, htat odens't mena htat now everyone who is at or below the quality of that guy now suddenly just give you his stuff for free.

@Luis diaz - your judgment of video game quality is null and void, as is your assesment of time, effort and skill required to make games. And your posts are filled with nothing but bile, hell hte forum has to censor every second word you spew.
Objective you are MOST DEFIANTELY not.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
In this case, flash games, a market known for being free to play, but subject to a great deal of ad revenue if you do it right.

There is no "right" way to did it accoring to you.
You complain agaisnt any type of monetizing they would try to do.

Have you even checked GOG or Steam or any other game sellers catalogues? There are tons and tons of simpler games, all for sale.

Like I said, just because there is someone willing to give you a Mona Lisa for free, htat odens't mena htat now everyone who is at or below the quality of that guy now suddenly just give you his stuff for free.

@Luis diaz - your judgment of video game quality is null and void, as is your assesment of time, effort and skill required to make games. And your posts are filled with nothing but bile, hell hte forum has to censor every second word you spew.
Objective you are MOST DEFIANTELY not.

I don't believe at any point NGTM-1R said that there are no games of relatively ****ty quality up for sale.  His entire point is that putting those kinds of games up for sale is entrepreneurial dishonest at best, and an outright scam at worst.  Given that this is Kerberos we're talking about, either possibility is equally likely.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It does look very basic. Similar to that Simpson Springfield game.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Even if your work is not the highest of quality, even if there are others who will provide similar stuff for free - you do have the right to charge for your work, as long as it's yours. The existence of alternatives is irrelevant. Your work is your own, time and effort spent is your own.  And it merits compensation - especially if it's how you make your living.

I never made the argument you couldn't.

I made the argument it was fundamentally immoral, and ultimately destructive of the company's reputation with customers; a reputation without which they are reduced to the state of a startup, and anybody can tell you startups usually run red until they build a reputation.

I have the right to go around calling African-Americans racist things. That's a right. That does not, however, make it either an intelligent or a moral thing to do.

For you "Newgrounds quality" (or what you percieve to be anyway. I have no idea how the hell can you make such conclusion based on 2 screenshots) stuff MUST be free. Because it's simple.

Would you care to reassess this statement now that the video has dropped? Because my case for quality ain't getting weaker.

Then go ahead and make a game like that. Put your money where your mouth is if you think even such a simple game is easy to make.

I'm not the right major.

And more to the point, this is a hackneyed response that you should know better than to make, because everyone should know better than to make it by the time they leave elementary school. I don't have to be able to make the game to point out its flaws or make an educated guess as to its development cycle. A doctor does not have to get sick with a disease to diagnose it. People make estimates and projections of the future every day; it's one of the cornerstones of being able to run a business.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I see this thread has improved tremendously after the lock and warnings were handed out  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Axem

Yeah, this isn't going anywhere.