Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot  (Read 162838 times)

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
Hi all,

First post here. been having a blast on this untill hornets nest mission. is it actually winnable?

Regards

iirc Hornet's Nest is the scouting mission with Capella, Dauntless and some other ship? You got to run back to the node and survive for 8 minutes. Ignore the cruisers that come at you and just run, they do not chase you.

Offline ah_jim

• Steam
    • twitch
Yeah. I gave up trying to chase the 10 bombers anymore and set invulnerability to the cruiser and passed the mission. It was too annoying with all kinetic shots on your six. The only mission i actually cheated instead of repeating.
Do I look shivan to you?
twitch

I keep getting a verify error when I try and download this campaign.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
A recent update (1.0.1) seems to have caused this. If you somehow manage to force Knossos to get 1.0.0, do so.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

A recent update (1.0.1) seems to have caused this. If you somehow manage to force Knossos to get 1.0.0, do so.

I was able to play using 1.0.0 w/o issue

I keep getting a verify error when I try and download this campaign.

Here is what to do until a fix comes out: hit the "details" button of the mod and go to the version drop-down menu. 1.0.0 should be there. Now you will have to do this every time you boot up the mod
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:14:16 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Yeah. I gave up trying to chase the 10 bombers anymore and set invulnerability to the cruiser and passed the mission. It was too annoying with all kinetic shots on your six. The only mission i actually cheated instead of repeating.

Don't worry about this. I have fixed this. Wait for my up coming update. It will be released with the sequel, The Blue Guardian.

Offline Tiranja

I just installed it with the Knossos launcher. But in the campaign menu there is only the original one (that I already had installed), not the reboot one. How can I get the game to "see" the reboot campaign?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Just as the error mentioned before - seems like there's a problem with version 1.0.1, use 1.0.0 instead - to do this, enter mod details in Knossos and you've got the version selection box in the top left corner.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline SL1

Don't worry about this. I have fixed this. Wait for my up coming update. It will be released with the sequel, The Blue Guardian.

That seems like a long time to wait. Unless, of course, The Blue Guardian is much closer to being finished than I thought.

That seems like a long time to wait. Unless, of course, The Blue Guardian is much closer to being finished than I thought.

Read! https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93492.msg1894531#msg1894531

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
A NEW UPDATE RELEASED:

I have a released this new update because I have made essential changes to accomodate the sequel, "The Aftermath 2: The Blue Guardian." There is nothing much really just a few adjustments. The download links in the release page will be updated later. You can download them from there if they are updated. But you can now download this from this post:

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
EDIT: Old links deleted, new ones are available in the release post

CHANGES MADE:

--Some changes in the mission "Hornest's Nest." It will no longer give hell to players... Maybe just a bit.

--Updated the SCv Scylla to a newer version with just the right polygons to render good performance. Edited the POF model and the table entries to make the specs exactly like the old one to ensure it doesn't ruin the balancing of the game. Consequently, the file "AF-Extra.vp" is also updated.

--Also added "The Aftermath" version of Freespace 2. Basically the same as the original except for the modified space background to coincide with the mod's locational setting.

--Further improved some of the missions in terms of balancing and some details.

--corrected some bugs in the mission designs---I found some.

--Refined and corrected some of the cutscenes like taking out the HUD that is appearing when it's not suppose to, adjusted the cameras and events to be synchronized with the music.

--Made changes in the "Turret Command script" (CSC script). It can now be turned ON and OFF at will using an SEXP line and to accommodate more ships including the ones in the sequel, "The Blue Guardian." I tried making a separate CSC script for the sequel instead of modifying the Reboot's script but it turned out the two scripts were "fighting" for control so there can only be one CSC script.

--Made some adjustments on the difficulty factor - Adjusted the AI profiles. This time, it will not feel like a chore---I know, I felt it too when playing this again.

--Made some adjustments and corrected minor errors in the table entries like the energy distribution (engine, shield, weapons).

--Additional Tech descriptions for space installations.

--Corrected some more spelling errors (at least the ones I found).

--Made some adjustments in the modulat tables to accommodate the sequel, "The Blue Guardian." There were several changes I cannot recall.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:22:18 am by herkie423 »

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Will the updates be available on Knossos? And if so, when?

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
NOTE:
The Reboot's release page is not yet updated with the latest links. I will do that later today.

It is best that you download the files from my release page because they are up to date.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian is released.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Will the updates be available on Knossos? And if so, when?

Download it from my recent post--- the latest update.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
NOTE:

The Reboot's release page, this thread, is now updated with the latest download links. You can now download the latest update from there.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

Be careful of setting things invulnerable. In some of my designs, an event will only trigger if a certain ship reaches a certain hitpoint or else the mission will not move on. The safest is to set "guardianed" but then in some of the missions, the ship you are protecting will inevitably die as required of the story, example of this is the mission "Disorientation."

DL'ed. Like it so far :)

Thanks herkie423