Author Topic: New music coming your way soon!  (Read 128290 times)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Re: New music coming your way soon!
Audacity. Google it. The project hosted on SourceForge.net. Is full of win and awesome.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Audacity, Winamp or XMPlay for Windows, Audacity or XMPlay + Darwine on Mac. Take your pick. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
VLC player will run ogg too.
el hombre vicio...

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I forgot about Audacity. Convieniently, I already have it.

Thanks for that

"No"

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
    • My LiveJournal: A Zenodexan's Log
Use Winamp if you have a Windows machine. It can read more formats than windows media player or musicmatch jukebox.
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You can also install the illuminable ogg codecs, which will allow ogg and flac to be played with a standard media player.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or just get XMPlay, which can read WAV, OGG, XM, IT, MOD, MO3, S3M and MP3 files without cluttering up your hard drive.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
    • My LiveJournal: A Zenodexan's Log
Winamp can read all those formats, and finding codecs for it is easier.

Illuminable's oggcodecs is for media players that use DirectShow.
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I don't think Winamp can handle a multi-track module, though.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I hate asking these questions... Regardless,

About what percentage of the music from both FS1 and 2 have been restored? I only ask this now as FSO 3.6.10 is nearing finalization (which I look forward to, by the way).

Apart from current problems with Turey's installer, an update with enhanced (and complete) music VPs would be truly smashing...

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm quite oblivious to how the FSO team prioritises their improvement tasks, but I don't think music is a high-priority task. I mean, the originals still sound very good, and some of the HQ ones are messed up (no offence there).
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
FSU (mistakes not withstanding) will always include whatever is available.

So, yeah. I thought I had more to add, but apparently not.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Warcat

Where do I put the file(s)?

Offline PeterX

• Peter
If it´s new default music then put it into "FreeSpace2\Data\music\". Is it for a new mod then put the musicfils to "Freespace2\your_mod\data\music\"
Peter
If i can´t model any ship then i use "flying trains" :-)

Uhh, you might wanna check the date (and also the year) of a post before you respond to it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's stickied.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It's stickied.

Whoops, forgot about that. Post deleted.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:bump:

Did anyone else save the uploads on the first post? All the nukelol links are dead, Shackspace is gone, and the files weren't saved by The Internet Archive. The wiki also points to this thread on its Music article.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Pretty sure we already use all the stuff from Dan in the MediaVPs.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Pretty sure we already use all the stuff from Dan in the MediaVPs.

There's a few tracks missing, from mv_music, though. Did he only release some of the masters?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta