Author Topic: New to TBP and need suggestion  (Read 2164 times)

New to TBP and need suggestion
Hey guys.  I am now retired with time on my hands and want to start playing Babylon 5 Project.  I have it installed and up to date as far as I can tell. Being totally new to this game which campaigns or missions would  you start with and in what order would be best to play the in?  Also is there any people playing online still or did I get to the party late?  My son might start to also so is it at least still possible to play co-op with someone else?  Thanks for any help.

OverDhill

Offline Slasher

Re: New to TBP and need suggestion
Sorry no one got to this earlier, I think everyone is on vacation or retired.  This is the link for the campaign page on FSMODs: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?list.40  I post that one because it's the only page I know of where the downloads are all still active.

For singleplayer, Fortune Hunters is a good start as it parallels the events of the show very nicely for an epic 34 (?) missions.  After that there's Drums of War, which chronologically picks up where FH leaves off (about Season 5 of the show).  Technically, the Earth-Minbari War Demo and Raider Wars precede both of those in the timeline, but I think those come packaged with the Core release?

The TBP multiplayer thread has been dead for years, but there was at least one thread just a week or two ago that shows people still play in their own groups.  FUBAR should really field this question, but I'm pretty sure co-op is still viable. 

Thanks for the reply. I had found that webpage for the downloads and have most of them I believe.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
DEFINITLY PLAY ACHEN SCHOOLING FLIGHT FIRST!

Next, I would recommend Raider Wars and The Relic.

Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Thanks for your reply.

ACHEN SCHOOLING FLIGHT is a must for sure to start with.   I have not had much luck getting The Relic to play without errors. I am using the latest I could find which is 1.0a. Not sure if that is the latest.

I tried Raider Wars, Fortune Hunters (all) and Drums of War (Complete 1-3) and they seem to load fine.

I am using Zathras 2.6 and 3.6.18 build

Offline Slasher

Do you get error messages with The Relic?

Yes and I posted under the Relic thread. He said he would look into it. Nice quick response on his part.

Offline wesp5

I would recommed to check out MAGs great Babylon 5 - Star Fury Pilot single missions too, which mirror some great episodes of the show and are playable using newer builds when installing my patch for them. Get the missions from http://babylon.hard-light.net/ and the patch from http://www.moddb.com/mods/babylon-5-star-fury-pilot-unofficial-patch .