Author Topic: I need help in Earth Minbari War (babylon project)  (Read 2708 times)

I need help in Earth Minbari War (babylon project)
I'm sorry if my Topic is not in the right Place. I'm new here and used the search function but because i saw many questions here, i thought i could place it here. If it isnt supposed here, is it possible that someone can moved it, to where it belongs?

Now to my Problem i'm in the Mission where you found the Starfury which get the designation "Eagle 9" and they say send a support ship to repair it and the support ship appears but it only flys around the EAS Janus. is this a bug or what am i supposed to do?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: I need help in Earth Minbari War (babylon project)
Can you please provide a link to where you downloaded the campaign?

"Tales of the EAS Janus" is a rather old fanmade campaign, and I'm not aware that there was a version compatible with TBP 3.4. That said having a look at the version you installed might give some insight into the nature of the problem.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

i have made a pic but cut parts of more pics into one so the things what you want to know are in it but no things you dont really need ^^ (but i needed fraps to make the screenshots because i tryed the print key which i used before to make screenshots but it always made a screen of the desktop with a window bar in the top left corner so i made a video with fraps and made the screenshot from that video ^^)

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline 0rph3u5

Okay, I checked the file from the link you provided... Which leaves me with some follow-up questions which are easily answered if you could post a fs2_open.log (how-to-link)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

here is the file you wanted the file were created while the loading screen before the main menu appeared

Offline 0rph3u5

Okay, I got it now... I attached a fixed mission file that should clear that bug up (note: it doesn't adress other minor compability issues with that mission); it should remain attached for at least a week before the admins delete it
It goes into your "[TBP directory]/data/missions"-folder (or the equivalent location in an appropriate mod folder if you have that sort of thing)

For the record: the problem was one of compability of the Tale of EAS Janus, Earth Minbari War-campaign with 3.4b installation - in this particular case the facts that a) the "EA Support Ship"-class from days of yore is now the "Support Ship EA"-class, as well as that b) sometime since the campaign was released and now aurora.pof was edited and the name of the docking point changed.

==================

thx ^^