Author Topic: NEWS! Babylon 5 movie CONFIRMED!!!!  (Read 3745 times)

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
NEWS! Babylon 5 movie CONFIRMED!!!!
Finally! there is light in the tunnel

;)

INFO HERE

I 'll update this main post with more info
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Re: NEWS! Babylon 5 movie CONFIRMED!!!!
Awesome.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Indeed.  If he chose the NuStar Trek-style alternate universe reboot, it could end up as something like THIS... a most compelling read for anyone with the patience.  I recommend it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
24 year old Ivanova in lingerie and I'm sold.

*my expectations of a reboot in Michael bay style.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

Lets have Bob Orci write it and Roland Emmerich direct it.

Offline -Norbert-

Dark Mirror Series? That'd be awesome.

Except they should rewrite the parts with the Technomages to be more in line with the book trilogy. Still I love that story.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Yeaaah finally !!!
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Nice to hear but depends I guess...otherwise some of us might end up in the same-sort of band wagon as Tolkien purists have regarding Jackson's take on LotR//Hobbit
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline wesp5

Except they should rewrite the parts with the Technomages to be more in line with the book trilogy. Still I love that story.

Uh, I hated the Technomage books! You don't write stuff into episodes that was never shown, worst copied stories ever...

Offline -Norbert-

While it's true that the author wrote stuff into the episodes we didn't see, the only contradiction was the Techomage's transporter exploding instead of jumping to hyperspace. Everything else really might have been going on behind the scenes of "The Geometry of Shadows", but that's not really the issue here.

The real problem I have with the Techomage's depiction in the Dark Mirror is that it contradicts what we learned in ACTA and Crusade. While the spinn-off series might have been a disjointed mess due to WB's constant interference, the basic story and lore are still from JMS himself and that includes the way Technomacy works (in part in the series itself and in bigger part in the published screenplays of the unfimed episodes) and the way they are governed. The same goes for the Drakh which were turned into Dark Technomages in the Dark Mirror, which again contradicts what we learned in the series, the movies and crusade.
I know that Dark Mirror is a different continuity, but they used to be the same until the point where Sinclair was shot out of Delenns field of vision and she had to choose another Starfury pilot, thus the powers and form of government of the Technomages and their history would still be the same as the one in the actual series.

Also JMS himself gave the technomage trilogy a "canon-rating" of over 90%, so I'd say the books do give a good base-line for how he wanted the technomages to be portrayed. Unfortunately all the links to the interview in question seem to be dead by now, so I don't have any proof, just my memory.

What I did find was JMSNews. While I don't know for sure, this does seem to be genuine. Particularly these three messages seem relevant to this topic:  http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-6153&query=technomage http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-6416&query=technomage http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-5786&query=technomage

Offline wesp5

Also JMS himself gave the technomage trilogy a "canon-rating" of over 90%, so I'd say the books do give a good base-line for how he wanted the technomages to be portrayed.

It may be that the overall idea was his, like Technomages use Shadow technology, which makes sense anyway, but I never believe that he planned anything of the stuff going on behind the episodes and did not hint at it in the show itself, which is what was very good with B5. I rather would assmue that by that point any valuable merchandise like books got his okay nevertheless...

Offline -Norbert-

But what relevance does that have for a possible Dark Mirror movie or series adaption we were talking about?

There the regular episodes never happened, so the story would be fundamentally different anyway. What I meant should be changed are the fundamental things like limits of their powers, inner workings of their power, their government and such stuff. I doubt JMS would have given Jeanne Cavelos such praise if she had gotten such basic and important things wrong. And as I said her depiction of the Technomages corresponds with that of Crusade, unlike the one in Dark Mirror.