Author Topic: B5 Reboot - Propose Your Cast  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
B5 Reboot - Propose Your Cast
With news of JMS' plans to reboot Babylon 5, I began speculation about who out of today's actors and actresses could be cast in the roles of the original characters.  Obviously, JMS' plan is certainly something other than same-tune-different-singers approach, so the proposal of this thread is rather trivial, but it is fun to speculate.  So you can take a variety of approaches.  You can simply propose a single actor for a single character, or you can assemble an entire cast for yourself.  Perhaps you could make a list of A-list actors, and another of less well known ones.  You may also provide some supporting case for why you would chose this person.  Have fun with it.  The whimsical and ludicrous are acceptable.

I'll start:

As Ivanova - Jennifer Lawrence.  She's definitely fit enough to play Ivanova and certainly looks like she can kick ass.

As Sheridan - Wil Wheaton (My Wife's suggestion)

Edit: Fixed stupid title.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:49:33 pm by Trivial Psychic »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: B5 Reboot - Propose Your Casting Proposal
I'd say you have to assume you don't have an infinite budget, othewrwise you could probably find a top-flight a lister for every role. As it is, my picks are probably pretty expensive. Still:

Sheridan - Jon Hamm. Mad Men has made him famous enough to headline, but his movie career hasn't exactly been electric, so he's probably gettable for the right price. And he'd do a great job with the character.
Delenn - Jennifer Connelly. She's done a lot of good acting in mediocre movies (Hulk, and IIRC, she wasn't awful in The Day the Earth Stood Still), and in good ones (Blood Diamond), and she's got the range for a character like Delenn. Plus, she's hot enough to still look good on a poster even under all the Minbari makeup.
Ivanova - Anne Hathaway. Probably would be an expensive get given her recent hits, but her Catwoman kicked arse, and showed she can play a tough action role like Ivanova would end up as on the big screen. Plus she's 8 years older than Jennifer Lawrence, who's way too young to be realistic as someone in Ivanova's position.
Franklin - This one is tough - JMS apparenty said that Franklin could have been of any race, but if you changed his race, the film would get accused of whitewashing. Mos Def might be interesting in this role - I remember thinking he did a good job in Dexter.
Marcus - Tom Hiddleston. Another who might be a bit pricey, but imagine it! Marcus is a fantastic blend of action, comedy and ineffable britishness - a good-guy version of Loki would be a really fun take on the character.

G'Kar, Londo and Garibaldi - No ideas, especially for the first two.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:15:02 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Re: B5 Reboot - Propose Your Casting Proposal
Ok, here's some food for thought. None of these are particularly A listers apart from maybe Damon Lewis. No doubt there will be a few disagreements, but I thought it would be better to try and obtain a group of people from various TV Shows who for the most part should be instantly recognisable. I feel that this would help reach a wider audience.

Delenn - Summer Glau (Should need no introduction. I've chosen her a she has done a variety of roles and her slender frame should fit the part.)

Marcus - Philip Winchester (I chose this guy to play Marcus, for his role in Strike Back as Stonebridge. This actor is probably the least recognisable here.)

Sinclair -  Neal McDonough (Chosen more from his role as Buck Compton in Band of Brothers and arguably The Legend of Chun Li.)

Sheridan - Damon Lewis (Another Band of Bros actor. Chosen for his role as Major Winters.)

Morden - James Callis (Chosen from his role in BSG as Baltar, as part of Baltar's persona did incorporate a slimey swagger.)

Garibaldi - Michael Trucco (Again from BSG as Anders... I think he could play an alcoholic quite well.)

Franklin - Isaiah Washington (The Chancellor from The 100... I think he could do Franklin quite well due to his soft features.)

Ivanova - Katee Sackhoff (Should need no introduction. Her role as Starbuck has shown a variety of moods and emotions that could be required to play Ivanova)

Londo - Mark Pelligrino (Jediciah from the Tomorrow People. Again he has a slightly slimey swagger about him and a certain arrogance.)

G'Kar - Giancarlo Esposito (Revolution's Tom Neville can bring the angry eyes needed for G'Kar's hated.)

Vir - David Blue (Probably the hardest to cast and not the best of my selections. No one would ever be able to do Vir quite like Stephen Furst, but his role as Eli in SGU could lend merit.)

Lennier - JD Pardo (Plays Jason neville in Revolution. His youth could provide naivety needed for Lennier and his role as Jason has shown grit and determination when required.)
I do not feel... I think!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken