Author Topic: Installation sequence  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Logrus

Finally decided to give Babylon Project a try, but with all this content I don't know how to put the most up to date version together. Could anyone please advise on the installation sequence and the best campaign to begin with? If there is a FAQ of some sort, I failed to locate one.

Offline wesp5

11. If you want to play the Star Fury Pilot missions with the newer builds you'll need to download this too:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/babylon-5-star-fury-pilot-unofficial-patch

Offline -Norbert-

Since most stuff comes in their own VP files anyway, does the sequence even matter? Well... except of course the game itself and Zathras obviously.

Offline wesp5

Speaking of sequence, do you mind if over Christmas I'll try to create a simple installer similar to the DVD release including TBP 3.4b, Zathras 2.8 (I think HTL is already included in this), FSO 3.7 plus launcher and OpenAL, which is missing in the list above? Maybe a basic version first with no additional campaigns to check how large the whole thing will end up...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:21:06 am by wesp5 »

Offline wesp5

I'll better take the Omega out of it then and move it into Zathras, if possible. Just to save space...

UPDATE: It seems this is not an easy thing to do, could some developer please move the Omega
into Zathras ;)?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:57:53 am by wesp5 »

Offline wesp5

For now I have decided to first update my Star Fury patch to include the files that are most difficult to find unless you read the forum, namely FSO 2.7.0, OpenAL and the wxLauncher. The base game and Zathras 2.8 can be found on the Moddb, the Star Fury mission pack on it's homepage. Still it would be great if someone could create a new DVD 2.0 version including all the finished big campaigns! I think I don't have enough insight into TBP to do something like this...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You know wesp5, maybe you should just ask FUBAR if you can take over and work on Zathras 2.9 or even just get together a TBP 3.5 with everything included and working in a single download. It would help out a lot of the newbies and you definitely seem to have the interest in doing it.

I'm sure there are plenty of us on here who would be willing to help with such an undertaking and it would certainly be better for TBP if we had another person trained in how to fix things.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
IDK if it helps any, but you could try hitting up the user hip63 , he made a few TBP and FSO Install DVDs a while back.

Offline wesp5

IDK if it helps any, but you could try hitting up the user hip63 , he made a few TBP and FSO Install DVDs a while back.

Is he still around? I always thought the DVD version was created by MAG, the style is very similar to his Starfury mission pack. Problem is I might be able to create an installer, I'm used to it for my Bloodlines patch, but overall I hardly know anything about Zathras and TBP internals. It would be much easier for FUBAR to create a DVD version 2.0, only I don't know if he, or vidmaster, don't have time or interest to work on this anymore. I always think it's a shame that TBP doesn't get more publicty in a time where Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen show that the space combat simulator genre is still alive!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hip63 would be over in the SDOE forums if he's not active here. But he would respond to a PM I am sure. Dunno if he's interested but can't hurt to ask.

Offline wesp5

I just send him a PM, let's hope he is interested :)!

Update: I just noticed that hip63 wasn't active here for two years. So what are these other forums you were talking about?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:13:00 am by wesp5 »

Offline wesp5

http://www.openplanesim.com/forums/

Is anyone here active there and can point him to this thread?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I can do it later.  Gotta work the weekend.  Sent him a PM meantime.  Like I said, dunno if he'd be interested, but if he was, it'd be a shame to not have asked.  :nod: