Author Topic: Ships.tbl and sound engine  (Read 871 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ships.tbl and sound engine
I don't know if it is the right place to propose some table feature. Am i wondering, if it is possible to attribute to each ship their respective FlyBy sound. I know a X wings have their own flyby sound, and tie fighters have also their own flyby sound.

But, unfortunately, the sound.tbl have some limitation because each race have their flyby sound. So, my idea is to add a new variable into the ships.tbl where we could (optional) put a flyby and engine sound.

Code: [Select]
$Name:                          X wing
$Short name:                    X Wing
$Species:                       Xwing                    ;Vasudan
+Type:                          XSTR("Starfighter", 5981)
[...]
$Flags:                         ( "player_ship" "default_player_ship" "fighter" "in tech database")
$AI Class:                      Captain
$Afterburner:    NO
$Countermeasures:        8
$Scan time:                                     2000
$EngineSnd: 126                   ;; Engine sound of ship
$FlyBySnd:                                        XXX                   ;; FlyBy sound of ship

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Ships.tbl and sound engine
on a related note, any chance of making flyby sound work on primary and secondary weapons. i want to make a little whizzing sound evert time a bullet flies by the cockpit. i know there shouldnt be a noise but its just for cool factor, and to tell the pilot being shot at to start going evasive.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN