Author Topic: Humor  (Read 4322 times)

Offline CT27

One of the things I liked in "Scroll" was the dialogue.  It was interesting to see things from the Vasudan perspective. 

I liked some of the humor that was in the campaign.  Two of my favorite bits:

-Early on after they cross into the Knossos, they encounter an enhanced Aeshma Shivan fighter class.  The pilots were like "Wow, the Shivans improved this rustbucket,"  "I'm glad we didn't have to fly against these things before," and "Nice work Shivans".  Command was like "Uh, guys, can we save the admiration until after you've won the battle?"

-Near the end of the campaign (GTVA branch), some Vasudans and Terrans were flying together.  One of the Terrans makes a dialogue slip up accidentally and a Vasudan acted super offended and like the Terran made a massive insult to the Vasudan.  The Terran apologized a lot and then the Vasudan laughed and said he was joking.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks. :)  I had fun putting those little vignettes in.

Another bit that I like is when the GVTI task force arrives in Marnakh.  The Vasudans are flabbergasted, and one of them says "What in the seventh ring of fire is this?!?"  Then the Pallas arrives, and Commodre Gloval announces, "This is Commodore Gloval of the GVTI."  It's a mission arrival message, but it also works as a response to the previous question.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Thanks. :)  I had fun putting those little vignettes in.

Another bit that I like is when the GVTI task force arrives in Marnakh.  The Vasudans are flabbergasted, and one of them says "What in the seventh ring of fire is this?!?"  Then the Pallas arrives, and Commodre Gloval announces, "This is Commodore Gloval of the GVTI."  It's a mission arrival message, but it also works as a response to the previous question.

I just played this mission for the first time last night, and while I heard both messages, I heard Gloval's message as just a simple arrival message. I did chuckle a bit at the "seventh ring of fire" line, though. It was the first time I ever heard a Vasudan effectively curse in frustration. They're usually such a stoic people, so the change in pace was funny to see.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I also liked how they say GVTA. Vasuda first!  :nod:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]