Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 421385 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's been a while.
So what do I have to tell/show? Not a whole lot!
It's the unforunate consequence of doing nothing but playing 'Derek's smart spreadsheet commander*' as I've mockingly started calling it. Doing nothing but weapon&ship balance and adding them to .tbl's. It's not a terrible exciting job and it involves far more math then I'm usually comfortable with. But progress is being made, there's just nothing to show for it yet. Getting this done and right will put down a strong foundation which will allow me to make the gameplay all the better.

To breakup someone of that monotone work I've started some redesigning of characters:

Slightly different from the old design (hair will still be blue, dont worry :p ).
Like or Dislike this new direction? Feel free to let me know.

*Not actually made by Derek Smart, nor is it a real thing.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Hi Spoon  :)

"Couldn't help but think would Dekker approve." That was my first thought before I even read that line.

She doesn't really look different. Which is good because I probably wouldn't like you changing the established character designs too much. I suppose you'd have to colour her in for me to see properly. Changing the eye colour is no biggie, but I wouldn't go wild with unnatural colours. You've got the Cyrvans to crazy on with that, I presume Luna will be getting a design.

I always thought Dawn had green eyes, but it's just the shine from that thing in her hand in the picture with her stats. So I thought she was green eyed, then you tell me brown, now changing maybe to blue/purple. So it's not going to make any difference to me really what her eye colour is now at this point!  :lol:

I'm not sure what to make of that ship. Is it supposed to be the new Prometheus Frame?

You just keep plugging away at the math, I know game balance was a big deal, maybe the biggest deal to you in this project.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Ðat texture.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Blue hair with blue eyes? Can work, I guess. It's the merge and all.
Perhaps if her eyes were a bit more purplish.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I could still recognize that this is Dawn, so I would say things are going in the right direction.

And the ship, whether this is the Prometheus Frame remade or not, looks great.

Offline Flak

It's been a while was it. I wonder what else is updated.

Moar updates?  Spoon, I must admit you spoiled us with WoD.  Normal Freespace just isn't... well, the same anymore.  It is hard to go back after feasting upon all this.  What have you lately to whet our appetites?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Moar updates?  Spoon, I must admit you spoiled us with WoD.  Normal Freespace just isn't... well, the same anymore.  It is hard to go back after feasting upon all this.  What have you lately to whet our appetites?
Not too much that is showable unfortunately. Such is the nature of working on tables.
Most recent thing I've done is a returret on this ship that Andrewofdoom made for Dimensional eclipse, but it'll make a showing in WoD too.

pew pew beams.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:23:11 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
oww nous, it's a nightmare for any fs player: AAA's by the thousands!
el hombre vicio...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
damn you, now I'll have nightmares about this song making an appearance on the next jad.
btw, wow on the background spoon :yes:
el hombre vicio...

damn you, now I'll have nightmares about this song making an appearance on the next jad.

Song was in JAD 3.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Flak

More Dakka + More Pewpew + More Itano Circus

Offline Veers

Loving it Spoon, loving it.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline -Norbert-

Those short duriation beams firing in sequence remind me of Sins of a Solar Empire, if you replace the blob lasers with laser-beams on the Advent ships.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Dude are you trying to outbeam Inferno? Because I'm loving what I see.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
btw, wow on the background spoon :yes:
Background straight out of strike suit zero. Though they do some neat magic to animate their skyboxes that I can't replicate.

Somebody tell Inferno that their beam reign has ended! Mwa ha ha.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

I take it you havn't seen a Cyrvan strikeforce in action yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I4r6Ve5QH4&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAADyaAa6DM

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Inferno still have more bigger beams though.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
That means you've got to up the ante! Aleyurian superbeams for great justice!