Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 421351 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The Ray I is a piece of ****, its firing points are too wide! I almost feel bad for making people fly it  :P

That's what gun convergence is for :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It has gun convergence, doesn't help much!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:( Well ain't that a shame...

(not that I've played with convergence on in FSO, IIRC the XWA one worked pretty well on the Xwing/Bwing)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It has gun convergence, doesn't help much!
How are its weapons? The Eon-17W felt pretty slow and had limited range from what I remember, which I could see making convergence only marginally effective.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Axem is making things happen.
This excites me greatly!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

I watched that with a wide smile on my face. I'm excited too. Being an admin doesn't seem to have slown him down any. If anything, he's doing more (at least visibly) than I've ever seen before. Keep it up Axem! :D

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Of course, you might have taken the old Wings of Dawn story and crumpled the whole thing into a ball and tossed it in the bin for all we know... :)

He did.

The Ray IV is just fine as it is mesh wise. It just needs a new paintjob.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The Ray I is a piece of ****, its firing points are too wide! I almost feel bad for making people fly it  :P

You should feel bad, not just almost ... but then again, as long as you keep it to the 3 missions which featured the Ray I originally you might be forgiven ;)

Axem is making things happen.
This excites me greatly!

Yay!
also: PIZZA!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Flak

Can't wait to see the rest of DD and UGC fighters

Offline Lorric

The Terrans are getting so many new ships, and yet the Hierarchy, at least from what we've been shown, have very little new.

Perhaps the campaign will go somewhat like the Forum Game 2, with fighting among themselves first, then the invasion of the Hierarchy. Or maybe Spoon is keeping the Hierarchy's new toys a secret from us, so we have to face them in battle...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That end...
Clearly best end. Unless it's in the middle of noon, then you need to put a glass of milk and some Oreos.
el hombre vicio...

Offline starlord

aren't you being too tough on the ray 1 when you consider ships like the star?

Wait, so are you saying that WoD could turn into a VN like experience, where we can make choices and stuff through dialogue? Would this be self contained or part of a customized SCP EXE set?

Offline Axem

Its a few LUA scripts working together to do all of that. So its within FreeSpace, just doing stuff that I'm sure no one would have ever expected to be added to FreeSpace. ;)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wait, so are you saying that WoD could turn into a VN like experience, where we can make choices and stuff through dialogue? Would this be self contained or part of a customized SCP EXE set?

We already have making choices through dialogue working without any need for LUA or customized EXEs. This is a new and way more sophisticated/awesome place to do it.

Offline LoneFan

The Terrans are getting so many new ships, and yet the Hierarchy, at least from what we've been shown, have very little new.

Perhaps the campaign will go somewhat like the Forum Game 2, with fighting among themselves first, then the invasion of the Hierarchy. Or maybe Spoon is keeping the Hierarchy's new toys a secret from us, so we have to face them in battle...
Well remember that the Ur-Quan, uhhh, I mean the Hertak limit their thralls technological development as one means of keeping them under control. That said, I would like to see a Cordi lite strike cruiser, 
a Fura'ngle bomber equivalent,
a Zy frigate and big colony ship, their entire population is supposed to be living in space right?
and finaly a large Nordera supply ship for the lulz. Opportunity for comic relief on that last one, those Nordera are so dumb and un-prepared for life in space.
That should fill out the bare bones ship fields with what has aready been seen for the WOD universe.
Oh and also Fir'Kyr?

Offline -Norbert-

For someone who shoots out wagon-loads of ammunition and who's fighters look like they run on chemical fuels a massive supportship actually makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:15:24 am by -Norbert- »

Offline Lorric

You just know they'd spend more time trying to slam those things into things than supplying with them... :D

And if you thought the explosion when you blow one of their fighters is bad... :lol:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Well remember that the Ur-Quan, uhhh, I mean the Hertak limit their thralls technological development as one means of keeping them under control.
But after losing thralls, you'd think they'd give their remaining ones (particularly their one willing one) more leeway.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Also, technological advancement limitations don't stop diversity.

And we've already seen the proof of leeway with the special Zy fighter in Stranded.

Though we can also throw all of our preconceptions out of the window as it looks like the new WoD is going to be very different to the current one.