Author Topic: It's Hello from me  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Quartz

• Old fart
Hi there.

I've just been bingeing on space battles on Youtube and remembered Freespace and FRED. So I thought I'd give it another whirl and looked up FS2 on Youtube and here I am.

I suppose I'm looking to recreate something like Gratuitous Space Battles in full 3d and fly around during the battle. Like seeing what would happen if humanity and the Vasudans had decided to attack the Sathanases in Capella instead of evacuating; I mean, there were only a few dozen, right? :)

I'll start a thread about that with some more techie questions in a more appropriate forum.

Well it's been 80+ Saths at Capella. You'd have to disarm every single of their main turrets and then hope that they can't fix it within a couple days.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Well it's been 80+ Saths at Capella. You'd have to disarm every single of their main turrets and then hope that they can't fix it within a couple days.

Not to mention that 80+ juggernauts = 320+ big-ass beam cannons, which means unless the GTVA has the resources, men, and bombers to attack all 80 juggernauts at once, you'd also have to hope they didn't start repairing the cannons you've already destroyed while you're attacking the still-intact cannons that you didn't destroy yet. :eek: :eek2: :nervous: :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

Alpha 1: Command, I'm now attacking Sathanas 56. Targeting beam cannon 1.

Command: Crap, the Shivans have already repaired the beam cannons on Sathanas 1 through 35! Pilot, you have new orders! Attack Sathanas 1 through 35 again!

Aplha 1: I can't be in two places at once, Command! Never mind thirty-six places at once!

Command: That's an order, Alpha 1!

Alpha 1 (muttering): Join the Terran Defense Forces, they said....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:07:06 pm by Su-tehp »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

"We need to make Alpha 1 clones! Oh, wait..."

Offline Quartz

• Old fart

Remember, the Computer is your friend.

Not sure if the Shivans would consider ^ + k a valid command though.

Offline starlord

Those support ships are gonna have a field day.

Offline LapsedPacifist

• May, or may not be a GCU

Remember, the Computer is your friend.
Stay alert, trust no-one and keep your Subach HL-7 handy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:05:45 pm by LapsedPacifist »