Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3033743 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
I am not a difficult man to please.

Vons now sells Keebler's Sof Batch Chocolate Chip cookies again. After a decade in the wilderness, only able to obtain such cookies from gas station quickmarts in fourpacks, I can now once again obtain the finest chocolate chip cookies in the world from the grocery store in large amounts.

Christmas came early this year.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Had another awful first last night.  Rolled up to dead guy in the middle of an intersection right outside work, next to a super sketchy 7-11 that one of my coworkers gets coffee at regularly on 3rd shift.  Maybe 20 yards from the fence.  Stray bullets might very well have hit the shipyard.  Must have happened RIGHT before I got there.  Approaching a green light, could kinda see some shadows moving in the street that turned out to be the onlookers leaving the street for the sidewalk.  Slowed down because that was weird, and finally saw the single cop standing in the un-lit intersection not wearing anything reflective over his black uniform (and was a black guy) waving at us to stop.  His car parked across the other lane with no lights on.  Not the first time I've seen cops at this particular intersection so I assume at first the 7-11 was robbed again, but then I saw the unmoving body.  Heard one of the onlookers shouting into his phone about hearing 3 shots.  3-4 minutes later the ambulance/FD came screaming down the street.  Portsmouth is a goddamn ****hole.  For the second time in 4 days my anger over awful laws that prevent me from carrying or even having a gun in my car on the way to work through the Detroit of Virginia.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Dragging the forge out to a nearby pumpkin patch to demonstrate this weekend just as the heat is finally scheduled to break. I love spring after winter, but I love fall after the endless summer that is the SE US.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Currently watching Trump getting creamed in the debate. And sadly, it won't make a difference, will it?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Nnnnnope!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
He hasn't peed himself or vomited, and thus is exceeding expectations.

A Feddie Story

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
The thought of either one of them as my next president makes me need to pee and vomit.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
To cheer you all up, have a puppy pic (latest addition to my family)

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I updated my forum signature. Hades' first two lines still appear even if the signature isn't expanded so it looks quite neat. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I had a dream that someone gave me a forum title and I didn't know what it meant and no one would tell me so i don't know if it was cool or not.

edit - stupid typo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:43:11 pm by deathspeed »
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Tub faucet broke. Had to turn off water for an hour to fix it.

A Feddie Story

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The bus I sat home this evening had some kind of faulty hydraulic system that hissed every 2 seconds, causing the whole bus to bob up and down a little each time it did. Made playing Carmageddon a bit more interesting than it usually would be.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I'm quite angry. Why? Two days ago was typical morning, I wake up, eat breakfast, turn on my laptop, get some warm coffee etc and read the news. And what I read?

Polish Ministry of National Defense just finished the negotiations and told the Airbus to f*** off with their H225M Caracal multirole helicopter. Which won the competition to replace the exploited Mi-8's and Mi-17's (the youngest one is 32 years old). The contract was signed before the elections in 2015. The most urgent need was to buy new, highly specialized versions like anti- submarine helicopters for the Navy, variant for special forces and the most important ones, CSAR and SAR. Why was the contract dropped? Because according to our new "illustrious" MoD, the French did not provide good enough offset (which is utter bull**** since the helicopters would have been assembled and maintained in Poland in WZL Lodz factory which is in 100% owned by Polish state. Including maintenance of the engines and even production of some other components. First deliveries could have been possible in 2017).
 So why drop it? Elections happened, the Civic Platform lost, new government was formed. And our current ruling party has a very strong support of the people who live and work in the cities of Mielec and Swidnik, where the other helicopter factories are. Those factories (owned in 100% by Sikorsky, now Lockheed Martin, and Leonardo) offered S-70i and AW-149 helicopters which were totally rejected by the army. Both are too small and S-70i has much weaker engines and avionics then the original Black Hawk. Sow what happens now?

Army is being left without new helicopters for the next few years before the bureaucrats decide what to do next. All that in the name of political games of a madman, paranoic idiot Antoni Macierewicz (Poland's MoD.). Let's hope there won't be any tragedy because of failure of the old helis. Or nobody will drown in the Baltic because SAR chopper won't be able to take off.

As a person who is deeply interested in military stuff, aviation and defense industry such things really annoy me. Such incident can be very bad for the further negotiations with French weapon producers (Navy is interested in Scorpene-class submarines with cruise missiles) since the contract was worth around 3.5 billion Euros. Well, stupid decisions may cause severe consequences....

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
As someone who lived and breathed army for many years.

Learn to make do and look good doing it :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Proptip: If you use Nvidia's GeForce Experience utility, do not under any circumstances let it update to version 3.0.  In their infinite head-buried-in-rectum wisdom, Nvidia has deemed it necessary to create an account (or link Facebook/Google) before being able to so much as open that version.  This seems a rather noteworthy level of corporate bull****.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Proptip: If you use Nvidia's GeForce Experience utility, do not under any circumstances let it update to version 3.0.  In their infinite head-buried-in-rectum wisdom, Nvidia has deemed it necessary to create an account (or link Facebook/Google) before being able to so much as open that version.  This seems a rather noteworthy level of corporate bull****.

Is that a very recent update? If so I still have time to avoid it.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

As someone who lived and breathed army for many years.

Learn to make do and look good doing it :yes:

Politicians messing with your equipment is basically military 102 (where 101 is the drill sergeant messing you in any way possible :P ) - It's why the Dutch army was so happy with the Bushmasters bought for their deployment in Afghanistan: They were bought to resolve a problem that needed to be resolved immeaditely (roadside bombs), and as such had no politicians meddling with them.

Otherwise it's vehicles with faulty gearboxes as atleast one part of a vehicle needed to be homemade, people having to use the Lynx whilst the americans have helicopters built for desert enviroments, etc.
I know the British reservists used to refer to the L85 as "The civil servants" as they would never work and you couldn't fire them (that was before they had the germans refit them to the L85A2 which is a lot more reliable).
Hell, the most famous example is probalby the M16 being issued without cleaning kits to troops in Vietnam because the rifle was advertised as "Self-cleaning".

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

I didn't update, but I still can't use the older version anyway. Uninstalled it since I don't need Game Ready Drivers (the newest game I intend to get for PC is Forza Horizon 3, and since it runs terribly even on high-end graphics cards, I'll probably wait for a decade before I buy it).

They can't even code their (un)installer right.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:03:38 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I was REST (brimstone callsign) and religiously cleaned my SA80 and search kit. I never called it a civil servant but that's because we were too busy putting salt in everyone else's tea and coffee. Excrement in boots while people slept, and hair removal cream into shampoo bottles.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

I didn't update, but I still can't use the older version anyway. Uninstalled it since I don't need Game Ready Drivers (the newest game I intend to get for PC is Forza Horizon 3, and since it runs terribly even on high-end graphics cards, I'll probably wait for a decade before I buy it).

They can't even code their (un)installer right.

This prompted me to go check, and all of the sudden geforce experience is conspicuously absent from my PC.  I didn't uninstall it.  Wut.  Have we reached the level of corperate interference where even on windows 7 they can remotely uninstall **** from your computer without any kind of permission or even notification?  I have UAC enabled also.
I like to stare at the sun.