Author Topic: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.1 Release Candidate 1  (Read 29406 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.1 Release Candidate 1
Okay, why are people who had problems before suddenly having no problems?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I wouldn't say I'm NOT having problems. The issue only exists in The Strike, which means there's an issue with the Mk VII-E model
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Can you reproduce in the test mission I posted? Can you get me the event.log from a mission where you can't land please?

I really need these because I can't reproduce this myself in any mission. And people are reporting it in missions where you don't fly the MK VIIe.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I can tonight. You'll have results then.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Playing on advanced, first proper mission played in Debug build. Flushed at start of mission and multiple times after FTL came online. Tried to land in upper port bay, no success again. Event.log attached.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
This is bizarre, the is-in-box SEXP is returning false for some reason. Not sure why. Can you try the test mission I posted too?

Offline bunik

Hi, devs! Thanks for the great BSG-game and new patch! But i find bug with TrackIR in 1.1
If i turn head - crosshair and LCOS move with eyesight, and i can't direct shoot! (sorry for bad english :))
  add picture

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I vaguely remember hearing of a Track IR error in recent FS2_Open builds. Hopefully someone else remembers hearing about it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I've confirmed it using "padlock" (since I don't have TrackIR) in a near current trunk bulid.  The whole HUD seems to slew - I'm not sure what parts are not supposed to slew (except the reticle) and which are.  I'll have to do some more digging to find which commit introduced this.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Same issue here - somewhere between R1 and R1.1, TrackIR stopped working effectively.

The reticle no longer stays where the guns are aiming, but rather follows the camera as your head moves using TrackIR. Means you can't identify where the real crosshair is, particularly because LCOS moves with the reticle.

Offline Vidmaster

This is bizarre, the is-in-box SEXP is returning false for some reason. Not sure why. Can you try the test mission I posted too?

My current run just ended with a nuclear shockwave while approaching the landing bay. Attached the event log anyway in case you can see something already but I repeat, I was not yet in the landing bay. That probably means another playthrough eh?

Has the build changed with the patch or something? I mean, you even said the mission has not changed and the sexps seem to be returning invalid values (on some machines). Maybe it is actually a code problem?

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Thing is that the SEXP works perfectly in the test mission I made. So I'm mystified as to why it wouldn't work in the real thing. I'll try altering the test mission to do the exact same thing the Theseus is doing at that point in the mission.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
To the people who are having problem with the HUD reticle and TrackIR:  could you please try this build and let me know if it resolves the issue?  Thanks
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Hi niffiwan...just tried it out briefly and it appears to have worked. Thanks for the awesomely quick response!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
No worries  :D

(And I created the bug in the 1st place so...  :nervous:)
----
----

Offline Vidmaster

Please give me some more detailed instructions again, do you want me to run the thing still or is the previous log sufficient?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
There's a test mission in this post which consists of just the landing SEXPs. Fly it and see if you can land. If you can't get me a snapshot. And a debug log too if possible.

Offline Flygit

To the people who are having problem with the HUD reticle and TrackIR:  could you please try this build and let me know if it resolves the issue?  Thanks

It doesn't work for me. Neither does build 10475.

I believe you can test it without TrackIR by using the padlock panning thingy. It'd be great to get this bug squashed sometime soon so I could actually use the new mediaVPs and Diaspora 1.1.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:39:12 am by Flygit »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Err... I did test it with padlock and it fixed the issue for me (& Yroethiel) :confused:

Could you post a screenshot of then issue? Or post a video?  In addition to that, could you please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
----
----

Offline Flygit

http://i.imgur.com/eNppVjV.jpg

fs2_open.log
http://pastebin.com/8VXvxQbL

Tried 10462 with FS2 Titan Rebellion and no go.