Author Topic: progress report  (Read 6100 times)

hey just wanted to know the progress

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Dead in the water, no progress for several months. Nighteyes and Tantalus are to be commended for their dedication, but the rest of the team (myself included) haven't put in the required effort.

Offline starlord

hopefully this'll change soon: I hear act 1 is well ahead...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
hopefully this'll change soon: I hear act 1 is well ahead...
Well we could release it right now but to say it would suck is to insult vacuum cleaners (and oral sex).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Dead in the water, no progress for several months. Nighteyes and Tantalus are to be commended for their dedication, but the rest of the team (myself included) haven't put in the required effort.

That's not unusual. They must be busy or waiting for assignment. Do you have an "Absence thread" thread in the internal to check who's available and who's taking a break?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yes, we do. People aren't absent so much as unmotivated or doing other stuff.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

That's not unusual. They must be busy or waiting for assignment. Do you have an "Absence thread" thread in the internal to check who's available and who's taking a break?

You're absolutely right, TopAce, it's not unusual at all! It's been the status quo for most of the time I've been on the project. There has been an absence thread on internal for the past ~three years. The issue is that nobody has any idea what direction to take the project in.

It would not be an exaggeration to say that ED has put more effort into trailers and publicity material than into actually making a campaign.

Offline Nighteyes

well the mod pack is finished, weapons are finished, tables are more or less balanced, and a few missions are ready for beta, but its true, if I or Tantalus don't do something, the progress is very small or not moving at all...
while there is a general idea where the story is going, Battuta is right saying there is no real direction, the fredders on the team just don't finish what they start and most of our missions are half done with lots of polishing and balancing left to do...
personally I'd just really like to finish Act 1 and see how people like it, as well as giving the community quite a few really nice models, effects as such, and after that just see if there is a demand for Act 2 and 3.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well as Nighteyes said, there's still a lot of work to be done, but we're not dead (this is of course, depending on your definition of "dead"). We thank all of you for your continued Kind Support.

Anyway, in the words of many well-respected moderators of the community, "This thread has served its purpose."