Archived Boards > Blackwater Operations

uh

(1/4) > >>

General Battuta:
Whatever Goob used my name/life story for on internal, I love BWO.

Also, I heard there was some kind of crack about how BP is going to look better than BWO (as if that's a huge concern?) and you should be aware we're currently moving all the new BP effects into the MediaVPs (since BP and the MVPs share a bunch of team members) so you and every other mod can have access to them too.

I doona want Goob starting some kind of crazy mod war.

(Also, though it's just gonna add to BWO feature creep, I hope you guys can use new 3.6.12 features for your Sol fleet. Stuff like armored torpedoes and salvo or burst fire weapons are really useful for a railgun/torpedoes navy, which I think is the direction you guys went too?)

Goober5000:
My purpose wasn't to troll, it was to motivate.  That's why I posted to the internal forum. :p  And I prefaced it by saying I was channeling BlackDove, who has been known to make some particularly blunt comments in the past. :)

And the only thing I used Battuta's name for was an example of someone who went to college during the past four years; it could just as easily have been another person.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on June 26, 2010, 11:54:08 pm ---(Also, though it's just gonna add to BWO feature creep, I hope you guys can use new 3.6.12 features for your Sol fleet. Stuff like armored torpedoes and salvo or burst fire weapons are really useful for a railgun/torpedoes navy, which I think is the direction you guys went too?)
--- End quote ---
See, feature creep is something we want to avoid right now...

General Battuta:
Okay. I just didn't want to seem like I was...venomously deriding BWO or something.

TopAce:

--- Quote ---Also, I heard there was some kind of crack about how BP is going to look better than BWO
--- End quote ---

I think it's a compliment for BWO to be compared to Blue Planet. With the bunch of members BP is having, it's no wonder people start to view it as the number #1 HLP-hosted project, and as such, it's the first project that springs to mind. If that comparison method (BWO compared to BP) comes from an external viewer, it's a praise for BWO, a testimony of high expectations and that people see something wonderful behind BWO, which AFAIK has been afflicted with a huge development cycle, meaning that its assets need a lot of improvement (reminds me of MindGames).

BlackDove:
While it's always good to know the contents of our private forums are accessible to everyone, there's really no problem going on. Goob made a great point in internal, although it's a point that I've been very (painfully) aware of word for word, and have been struggling with for some time.

I am hoping to make the project resume development (as it's been at a halt for about two to three years with varying levels of next-to-no activity) one way or another in the coming July month, more on that in about a week.

I personally haven't played Blue Planet yet, but I've heard you guys have had good success with it, which I'm very glad to hear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version