Author Topic: Setting up PCS2 on Vista (yach)  (Read 1225 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Setting up PCS2 on Vista (yach)
Basically as some of you might be aware I am stuck on a cruddy little laptop on windows Vista for the time being (win 7 upgrade is tempting but not viable for the moment financially)

anyhow because of how I had thing set up on my old machine its been a few years since I installed PCS2, I have tried to follow the steps on the wiki but I am missing something as every time I launch i hit the following error.

pcs2.exe - unable to locate component
This application has failed to start because wxmsw28_core_vc_custom.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Suffice to say I have tried reinstalling a couple of time and it hasnt done anything :(

Any Ideas?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: Setting up PCS2 on Vista (yach)
Those are the wxWidgets 2.8 runtime dlls.  I seem to recall that they were linked in the PCS2 download thread but I can't remember where that got to, so I have zipped up the release 2.8.12 wxWidgets dlls.  Hopefully these are the correct version for PCS2.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Setting up PCS2 on Vista (yach)
Cheers mate I thought it was something like that but couldn't for the life of me remember. I'm not on that computer atm but I will check it out tonight.

edit

right idea, had to used http://www.mediafire.com/download/jypxamx9fxfi57a/PCS2_DLL.7z origionally posed by Black Wolf here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73542.msg1703889#msg1703889
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:06:34 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art