Archived Boards > Blackwater Operations

Release?

(1/5) > >>

Xenon:
I'm confused here.  Is BWO not actually released?  This was one of the campaigns I was most looking forward to back in 2001, along with United Space and Fifth Sun.  But I can find no trace of the latter two, and all I can find on BWO is a demo.  And, well, ten years of forum posts.

Did you guys pull a Duke Nukem Forever?

General Battuta:
As best as the public knows right now, the campaign was pretty much done, then they decided to upgrade all their assets, then (as you do when you decide to upgrade a huge modelpack) they died.

Whatever United Space and Fifth Sun were they either never released or never made the slightest impact.

Phantom Hoover:
ph has the best internet detective skills?

Ace:
Fifth Sun was a strategy game that was being worked on. I did some art assets for it and it became vaporware.

Raven2001:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on April 01, 2014, 09:24:45 pm ---As best as the public knows right now, the campaign was pretty much done, then they decided to upgrade all their assets, then (as you do when you decide to upgrade a huge modelpack) they died.

--- End quote ---

This is false. If you had played the "campaign that was pretty much done", you'd realize that there's a lot of work to be done on that department too. I really have no idea where this notion came from (although I do know who perpetuated it), but it is completely false.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version