Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270076 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
It's also really fun to fire, compared to other weapons.  The AC/20 is the same way.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I find the delay mechanic helps me conserve ammo.  If a target suddenly changes direction at the last second I can hold the trigger and cancel the shot.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
 This thing is made of win.  BLR-1D 

I've typically shied away from XLs but it was only way to mount the loadout, and so far the chassis has been pretty XL friendly.  I just stand a little behind the front line, select a target and let it rip with the AC2s and LLas.  It simply shreds mechs.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Oooh, I have to try that out.

Unfortunately, I do not have the C-Bills for an XL 350, but I do have a spare XL 330 lying around, maybe that will do until I get the funds. I can use the extra tonnage to max out the armor.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I pulled the 350 out of my Flame.   :p
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Made my first drop with a Spider.

And did more damage with it in one round than in three with my Jagermech.

Light 'Mechs are fun.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
 :eek2:

You're one of those rare people who can actually respond fast enough to not get dead, aren't you?  All my light piloting attempts result in me doing at most 200 damage, 1 of 6 games, usually.  Also if people would like to do group drops at some time, let me know.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline Al-Rik

:eek2:

You're one of those rare people who can actually respond fast enough to not get dead, aren't you?  All my light piloting attempts result in me doing at most 200 damage, 1 of 6 games, usually.  Also if people would like to do group drops at some time, let me know.

That Spider is real awesome: Er-Large Laser, 4 Machine Guns and 10 Double Heat Sinks.
If you stay in Battleline and focus on hunting down other light Mechs or to kill damaged heavy Mechs 100 000 Credits and 500 XPs are not uncommon.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Oooh... shiny.

Skip to 22:07 for a preview of their next map. 

Not sure how I feel about this... art makes it look like we're fighting on the surface of the Death Star, but the supergreeb gets so noisy there're very few stunning vistas.  Gameplay-wise, this is going to be intense.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yet an other map completely devoid of any colors. In this case, literally. It's all grey.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm cool with it.

Mind, I should also point out that UI 2.0 apparently does actually exist and looks pretty neat.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I'm enjoying it surprisingly much the past month or so.

Especially my new Thunderbolt TDR-9SE wit the jump jets and the large lasers.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Yeah, and PGI again managed to violently alienate a large portion of their fanbase by yet again having a package deal, this time with shiny gold 'Mechs for $500 each and not actually implementing anything that could help make the game more enjoyable like Community Warfare or UI 2.0.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken