Author Topic: Problems with New Builds and old Campaigns  (Read 1338 times)

Offline est1895

Problems with New Builds and old Campaigns
For New Builds FS2 SCP FRED_open_3_6_11_SSE2-20100116

Problems if you check off, in the freature section, Enable Post Processing will cause FS2 SCP Mods to crash. 

Could this be a problem with my CRT monitor?

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Ralph  :hammer:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Problems with New Builds and old Campaigns
Do you have the post processing shaders pack?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Problems if you check off, in the freature section, Enable Post Processing will cause FS2 SCP Mods to crash.  

How? What's the crash message? If you are running a nightly, I assume you do know how to generate a fs2_open.log. Please do so, and post it here.

Could this be a problem with my CRT monitor?

No.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline est1895

What is the Shaders Pack and where can I get it?

As for the FS2.log; where is it and how do I post it?

Help is appreciated,

regards,

Ralph

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quote from: The support FAQ you should have read before posting here

Your fs2_open.log: (possibly the most important thing ever)
    • fs2_open.log is a file generated by debug builds. It contains all sorts of useful information that we need in order to help you. That is why you should follow the instructions below and provide us with that file when asking for help. Creating an fs2_open.log happens like this:
      • Download the recommended build (link is in the first post of this thread) if you haven't already and place the .exe files to your \freespace2\ folder.
      • Switch to windowed mode (open the Launcher, open the Features tab, select Dev Tools from the pulldown menu and tick on "Run in window").
      • Select the debug build (fs2_open_3_6_10_debug.exe) and run it. If you've been experiencing crashes, do exactly what you've done previously, up until it crashes.

If you have had other issues, it is sufficient to run it until you get to the Main Hall. If the debug build crashes fatally even before getting to the Main Hall, no worries.
      • Quit the game.
      • Find fs2_open.log from \freespace2\data\, copy it to a safe location and include it to your post, either as an attachment (click Additional Options when posting) or using the "code" tags.
    • Your improved fs2_open.log:
      Your improved fs2_open.log is not needed by default, but if some helpful HLP member asks you to provide one, here's how you create them:
      • Download this file and place it to your \freespace2\data\ folder. Then, do exactly what what you did when creating the first fs2_open.log. Note that this log is quite a bit larger than the previous one, so you'll probably have to either compress it into a zip/rar/etc before attaching it to your post. Alternatively you can use pastebin.org.

The shaders pack can be found here: http://zacam.ueuo.com/fsu/FSU_and-PostProc_Shaders.7z

Unpack it, and place the files included in mediavps\data\effects[/list]
    If I'm just aching this can't go on
    I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
    There must be changes, miss to feel strong
    I really need lifе to touch me
    --Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline est1895

Thanks you guys!!  I'll get the report to you when I can.  :nod: