Author Topic: Message from MT site  (Read 5874 times)

I was busy doing nothing when suddenly I heard a cry of desperation! I followed the noise and stumbled upon a site of a campaign I used to keep track of, but it didn't had the need to inform people it was still alive so I lost interest. The site cried and asked me if I could post a message on behalf of it on this forum. It goes something like this:

"PLEEEAAASSSEE UPDAAATEE MEEEE!!!! Why don't I get cool **** to show to people??!! IT'S MY JOB ISN'T IT??!! please help me??"

Couldn't understand the rest, the site's crying was hard to follow but I think I understand him. Restore this nice piece of html to it's previous glory will ya?
Don't sit on the grass, just smoke it

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Erm, yeah. I've been hearing that for a while now. I'll see what I can do. ;)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Liar. :p

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to HLP. ;)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Something like this

Still working. go check forums for Updates. (links)

Maybe
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

I don't understand why the website is so neglected, it's 5 minutes work to add a new picture or even write a few lines on the status. I think a lot of people lost interest when the site wasn't updated for something like a half year, what's the point of releasing a campaign with new ships,cutscenes and other fancy stuff when there only 10 people left who know of MT existence?

Face it, we Freespace fans are a dying race and it's the ambitious campaigns like these that keep the community alive. You simply can't afford to keep working behind the scenes without letting anyone know what you've created so far. I think you have the choice of releasing info regulary and maybe spoil a little of the surprise or keep everything secret till the final release and risk to have 10 people to show something you've worked on for years now...

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
He does have a point. If you guys are too busy to update the site, then why not have someone else do it and just tell them what to say?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
...because telling them what to say would probably take just as long as doing it themselves?

Which is still minutes work, I takes longer to startup Freespace for testing a mission than do an update:) There are loads of cool stuff hidden on the forums but the website hasn't been update since august!! that's 7 months, don't tell me they hadn't time to do something?

Offline Kosh

I think the naitives are getting restless......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

No offense but July 21 2002 for an update on how much is left is pretty bad man, that's almost 2 years

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
We demand updates!

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
;)
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
If they don't want to post screenshots all they have to do is give me the freaking passwords and addresses and I'll do it for them
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Come no guys...Please, im already saddend by HW2 almost being dead with no mods comming out...So lets please not have that here...I may be having mass problems getting FS2 to work for my Windows Xp, but when i find the problem, ill be waiting and waiting for Machina Terra to release....

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Actually it takes a good solid 30 minutes sometimes to get even a new screen shot up.  First you hafta load the game, take some shots, select say the best 5, resize them in Photoshop, upload them to the FTP, make the necessary adjustments to the HTML, and then tell everyone what you've done.

Takes more time that sometimes you'd think.

Even so, MT website has been updated even less than the BWO one :D

We should probably be having the opposite competition to the current one (who can update the least :D).
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Kosh

ill be waiting and waiting for Machina Terra to release....

Hopefully you will not have died of old age by that time....

Brain I/O error

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Why don't you just post your screenshots in your forum? Would also bring some activity into it with people talking about the screenshots and so.
We over at the Wing Commander Mod allways post screenshots in the public forum...quite more then on our webpage ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
That's what they did last time.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
And why doesn't they do it again? Works quite well imo.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by IceFire

We should probably be having the opposite competition to the current one (who can update the least :D).

Nah, cos I'd beat both of youse :p