Author Topic: Maybe I can help?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
1)  I would like to help. I am no programmer but I may able to help you by:

a. Check the grammar on the campaign conversions
b. Deal with the boring stuff of updating the various sections in the Freespace wiki once a new campaign is released or update the WIP progress status.

I've updated the User campaigns list for FS1 in the wiki; at least the ones I could find. If you have any others and are so lazy not to update it, just send me the link from where I can download it and I will update the wiki accordingly.

2)  I guess there are others like me who are willing to help but don't know how to go about it. I suggest that on the main Hard-light.net website, there should be a link to a 'Knowledge sharing section'

This section would have just 2 columns;
Knowledge demand: Programmers asking for someone to help in their campaign. Eg. I need someone to proof read this text, check this code...
Knowledge supply: Persons offering help. Eg. I can dedicate 1hr a week in testing. My skills are X , X.

What do you think?
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The very best thing you can do is to download the two other campaigns posted here -- Boomerang and Pandora's box -- play them, and post your feedback.  Strange as it seems, it is hard to get people to just play missions, and say what needs to be fixed about them.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I came out with a similar idea...recently.

If you want to help us out with the FSCRP, do it :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
I can do the testing but not create the 'knowledge sharing' webpage. I am no programmer...

I just started Boomerang on 3.6.9. Taking notes... :)
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?